• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Have i put the crickets in to soon...

t rex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i put his lights on about 8.30am (i need to get timer sorted) i just dusted some crickets and put them in..but he is still basking and the crickets are running about.....hes watching them but not moving...

i think i will leave it longer tomorrow is it 2 hours after lights on?? so thats 2 things learnt...not to feed late at night...and not to early in the morn ::)

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Everyone needs their own routine, but heres mine . . . It works well for me, maybe it will give you an idea.....

Lights on at 6AM
Salad in at 8-9AM
Crickets at 11AM
Crickets at 5PM
Salad out at 6PM
Lights out at 8 PM

t rex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks...getting everything sorted today with timers and stuff, so will have a better routine, just been to my freinds and saw her sons, wow hes a beauty and looks massive towards Eddie!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

he said he was the same at first but got used to it and not to worry to much, he also said we can go round and ask him anything or he will come over and check Eddie out, ;D

hopefully im over the panic what the hell am i doing stage...well not fully over it!! :D

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
A timer is a good idea. This way light can get on and things heating up before you get up or about the same time. 8:30 for lights on is a little late, but again totally up to you. My schedule used to be:

6:30 am lights on
7:30 am greens in
8:30 am crix
1:30 pm crix (when 3 feedings)
5:30 pm crix
8:30 pm lights out

This is all what works for you. Also, like I said if you can't get the middle feeding in, don't worry about it.

t rex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i know 8.30 was late, if i dont get hold of a timer today then oh will put lights on before he goes work at 5.30am, he seems to want to settle down quite early, so i need to get him in a routine asap,

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Whatever works. Eddie won't know the difference. You just to make it work so that you can get at least two feedings in. You should be able to get a timer and a digi at the same place.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I do not feed crix in the morning. I only feed them at night. Every now and then I feed around noon. Slyder does not like to eat crix during the day he likes to eat his salad during the day and crix around dinner time for me.

Stephanie is a Rockstar

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I feed Lola her crickets around 6:30pm. She sees me walk in the door with the baggie and starts jumping straight in the air. Schedule as follows:

7:30am- lights on
8am or 2-3pm- salad in (dfepending on time)
6:30pm- crickets in
9:30pm-10:00pm Lola is konked out on her log
10:00pm- lights out

Latest posts