• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hates her bath!

Jaycies

Juvenile Dragon
I have tried various methods with my almost 5 month old beardie, like putting a washrag in the sink so it's not slippery, and she still hates it. Jumps onto my arm the first chance she gets. I thought they were supposed to like their baths!

Anyone else have a BD that thinks she's going to die if she takes a bath? :D

cold blooded

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Mine didn't like it at first, but he came around and at least tolerates now. Maybe she needs more time to get used to it. Also check the temps. Maybe too cold or too hot?

Jaycies

Juvenile Dragon
I wondered the same thing! So tried making it cooler and she tried to jump out of the sink. Raised the temp, same result. I've decided she just plain doesn't like it! :D

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My girl hated her bath too until I started giving her a bath in the tub. I put a resin log in for her to climb on to get out of the water if she wants. I also discovered by accident that she prefers a shower. She will chase the sprayer head so she can sit right in the middle! She's such a goof!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I started her in the tub at about 6 months. She was more relaxed with having more space to run. I accidently sprayed her with the shower while trying to get the poop down the drain! She still doesn't like it 100% but it's better than it was before.

Jaycies

Juvenile Dragon
Oh! Think I'll try the tub then when she's about that age. I have found out she doesn't like any surface that is slippery.

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
Try giving baths 1 hour after the lights turn on if you can. Aries will fight tooth and nail on PM baths but since he is cold in the AM, 1 hour after lights come on, he is more welcoming of the 100 degree water.

Jaycies

Juvenile Dragon
Well, I tried the A.M. bath too and she ran in place, then jumped on my arm as fast she could. She just hates baths, I suppose! :D

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
no try a few degrees lower and also try to give her the bath 30 minutes after the lights go on. Aries hates his baths sometimes, other times he loves them. It's really 50/50 with him. When he tries running away in the bath, I block him by using my palm as a wall in front of his face. I don't let him climb my hand and when he stops (finally), I remove my hand slowly (usually tricks them). Not everything works and that's what is unique about BD's is they are very intelligent and have different personalities. So you will have to try every angle. What is your night temps set at?

Jaycies

Juvenile Dragon
Oh my goodness! I just checked it with a different thermometer and it's more like 90! Should I make it warmer??

corine milum the

Juvenile Dragon
I put his rock in my specs bath. he goes on get s off goes on getts off ! I dont even think he knows weather its good or not... he knows I like it so I think he tries to humour me :p

Latest posts