• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hatchling issue *URGENT*

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I don't know if this should go here, or breeding, but I need some help asap. My eggs started hatching, and one that just hatched earlier tonight has something on it that is completely freaking me out. I have no idea what it is, or what is wrong. Does anyone have any idea what this is?

These photos may be graphic to some.

uploadfromtaptalk1409456490541.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1409456503216.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409456503216.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 116
  • uploadfromtaptalk1409456518691.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409456518691.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 117

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Some other people on here had something similar with their babies but theirs was just a little spot. They said it was the umbilical cord but really not sure about that. Hopefully someone that just had hatchlings could help you out.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Just did a real quick search, it sounds like it might be the umbilical cord. It says to keep it on a moist paper towel so it doesn't get stuck to anything and it stays moist. Don't touch it. Keep him in the incubator and it should be absorbed in 24 hours.

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
I was JUST gonna say that exact thing I did some research and people were saying it's the umbilical cord. It should fall off after a few days.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You're welcome! Congrats on your new hatchlings and your new adoptee (I saw him on FB), you are going to have your hands full!

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I put the little guy (or girl) on some damp tissue, in a tub alone and back in the incubator. It was fine this morning. Running all over the place. Have eight hatched so far, with five still waiting...and 22 in the next clutch. I'll be super busy.

Latest posts