• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Has your Dragon's diet ever changed suddenly?

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
For several years I've had mustard greens in the food bowls at least 1-2 weeks out of the month. They're readily available here year round most of the time.
Suddenly, my dragons (all of them at one time) has gone on a strike where they flat out refuse anything with mustards in it. It's been 4 days now, and they won't touch it.

Curious if you've seen anything amiss?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mine are refusing to eat collards.. only turnip and mustards.. and to think, all that work I put in last fall to grow those collards..

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep, went through that with Bernie quite a bit. It seemed to come in cycles. He'd chow down on collards and squash, then decide he didn't want to eat his salad. I mixed it up with different veggies and greens, but he would go weeks with not eating salad.

Then he would turn around and boycott crickets.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Magellan did the same with endive. One year he loved it, the next he would refuse to eat them and actually ate around them to get the collards I also offered.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can't say Spyro ever turned down a meal of any kind. Of course there were a few things that he didn't like, but never refused his "normal" diet, until the end of his life.

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I've had that happen with mine (butternut pumpkin). One week he would not touch it, which was odd as it is his fave food. I was a bit puzzled and the only thing I could attribute it too is the pumpkin itself (that particular one) I chopped up a different pumpkin for him and he ate that 1. Maybe you could try getting a different batch of greens Gina.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Mine do that all the time Gina. They usually love Dandelions. Yesterday I mixed Endive in with Dandelions and I see where Petrie had eaten every speck of the Endive and the Dandelion was scattered everywhere in his enclosure. All are boycotting squash for the last two days. I have NO clue why.

I think they do it on purpose to torment us.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think theyre a lot like kids.... Testing, testing, testing, till they see they dont get their way, then they go sulk / strike and then they give in LOL

Latest posts