• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Has Anyone Seen This????

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Last night there was a little calcium on the floor of the babies tank, I actually seen her licking it up just like a leopard Gecko. she has proper temps, lighting ect; and gets calcium 2-3-times a day. Really have never seen this before and I have had a lot of beardies in my time. She is about 4-1/2 inches from head right to end of tail.All input would be very helpful and appreciated. Thank to all in advance-River-7

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I've heard of them doing that. Mine have never done it but it's good that she likes her calcium :)

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have never seen it either other then my Gecko's when I had them it kind of surprised me and she was really going at it. I thought maybe she had a stuck cricket. but I was about to vacume her tank when this occurred.and this was d-3 she must be lacking it. And she ate a little salad last night. She is shedding, and really has not been eating a lot a few crix here and there.the shop where I bought her did not give her any calcium at all maybe that's the reason. Now I just placed, her log on top of the bridge I have for her to get her closer to the uvb-and she's trying to find a spot.ops; she found a place. And they had a spiral uvb-5.0 spiral, bulb and her heat was at 100-or less as the babys were a little on the dark side and she is pretty red. So I got her on the 12th of this month and I know she will grab a cricket or 2-when i'm not watching so I think she will be what I call a secret eater.So any suggestions to get her to eat a little more or is a matter of waiting until she finishes her shed. She still has some on her face and toes. She has had 2-baths so far and I mist her a couple times a day. I have not seen her drink only a mouthful in her bath. I have dripped water on her nose but no go.she must be eating something as she is pooping and she will eat worms. but I don't want to give her worms every day as she needs the protein. I think I will order her some phoenix worms just to make sure her calcium is brought up.she is very active all over the place no stress marks and her colouring is always good.Please advice and I did try the no food 24-hours and same thing. river-7

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Phoenix worms are good. She could just need some more time to settle in plus if she is shedding, she's probably uncomfortable and doesn't want to eat much. Give her time. Little ones need more protein than anything at this stage so I would try to feed her bugs at least 2 times a day, 3 if possible. A variety of bugs are good too, it's possible she may just not like crickets. Offer veggies daily but don't be upset if she doesn't eat them, she'll do it eventually. My 2 1/2 year old used to eat veggies all the time and then at around a year or so she stopped. I tried everything to get her to eat them again and finally just in the past few months she just started doing it on her own mostly in secret. I walked in on her a few times eating and she just stops and walks away from her bowl! She seems to like them dusted with a multivitamin which is good because I can tell she's eaten them by the powder on her head!

My boy is 1 1/2 and he has always eaten his veggies and LOVES them. There are things he doesn't like. I can't get him to eat fruit except for the occasional blue berry, which is good I guess because a lot of fruit isn't good for them. I kept trying to feed him strawberries and finally he pooped on them to get me to stop offering them LOL!

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi; Patsy; Thank you for responding as I am very worried. I think maybe it could be her UVB she eats a worm and a little veggies, as I peeped around the corner and she was eating the veggs and maybe you're right she just is not settled in. But she allows me to stroke her head and no stress marks, and she will come in my hands to eat her worm So I am at my witts end.Temps are perfect but I am going to replace her UVB bulb just in case. And it is on the screen as I can't hang it-it is the type with about a 4-inch-wide. She's very active poops 2-3-times a day which tells me something is going into her little tummy. she is always coloured up a reddish/orange. You know how some wake up and they are a dull colour-she is always a good colour nice and bright-sleeping or awake warm or just getting warm. What do you suggest besides changing bulb and try to put it in the tank. And I just am going to feed her worms to get something in her tummy.Thanks Patsy; and any one else that would like to come up with something I have not tried-River-7

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Here in Canada we don't have a big choice of bugs as all we have is crix; I think she really don't like them and the only other protein I can get for her is canned and dead.NowI keep offering them to her anyway. I bought 500 from the shop and gutloaded for at least 2-days before she got them I am basically wasting crix; because she shows no interest at all they can sit on her head and she just shakes her head to remove them I vacume her tank and they go in the garbage.And they are getting bigger because she won't eat them. I am trying to find someplace I can order phoenix worms that I can drive to pick-up. as internet order is no good as I would not order enough to cover shipping costs.They fed her once a day at the shop and there was about 8-9-dragons in with her. Maybe her little tummy is full with a little salad and a couple of worms. Any suggestions much appreciated. River-7

jager

Hatchling Dragon
Hi river-7

I am also in Canada, where abouts are you located? I am in Ontario and able to get butter,wax,super and horn worms. I have been looking for Phoenix but haven't been able to get them. Oliver pets has a few different worms, are there any near you?

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Jager; I can get a few worms here but she needs protein.Live prey I would think.by the way I live in Brampton. Thanks river-7-we have petsmart and pet value and they don't carry live food.and you know petsmart prices lol. Thank-You for responding

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Good news people= I was just spraying her salad with water and there happened to be a crix in it and it slowed right down and she ate it-I thought she was eating but not sure. She is pooping so she must be eating.Thank the Lord dear little girl-river-7

jager

Hatchling Dragon
There is a Big Al's pet store in Brampton. They sell silk and horn worms and the prices aren't bad.

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yeah; Jager; That is where I go and sometimes they have butter worms and their prices are not too bad.I get her crix; there as well-They have horns, and silks but the baby is too young for horns and she don't know what silks are and don't seem to like them. She likes butters. Last night she started to eat her crix; And yesterday afternoon. I posted her story under very happy if you would like to read. And thanks for your searching for me much appreciated-I bought her from PJ'S pet shop and I bought crix; there and they would die in 2-days the 1/4inch crix' I think the small ones anyways and it was awful to get to.-So I do go to B'/Ale's=$10.00 for 100-and this store I can buy 500-for $12.00And the crix; are still alive but growing so she better start eating well-thanks again; river-7

jager

Hatchling Dragon
I purchased ours from Big Al's in Hamilton. I am in Burlington and get silks from there once in a while when I am in the hammer. I was getting crickets from PJs here and they were $7.00 for 100 when we started getting them, then they raised it to $10.00 for 100. I thought the 3$ increase was ridiculous when just up the road at Oliver's they were still 7 and the crickets were much healthier.
I am still looking for Phoenix and if I manage to find somewhere that sells them I will let you know since we live quite close.

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thank You; Jager; I am going to big ales here in Brampton this morning and i'm getting her a new bulb, in case it's no good and I can't find the wattage of the repti-sun10.0-they are bringing it in from another store and they might be able to get phoenix worms as well-will let you know when I get back.there are 2-wattages from what I know-1-is 15-and the other is 17-Do you know anything about that as she is very young. thanks river-7

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Sorry I replied on your other post. I had to leave for work earlier and couldn't respond to this sooner....the 17 watt is better but if you got the 15 that's okay for now.

Latest posts