• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Happy to be in the Beardie Community

Qonundrum

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello Beardie lovers, My wife and I purchased our first beardies in Nov. 2012. Our male is a Hypo Orange named Alduin. The Female is Red named Rua. I found this forum in concern of my male. He has stopped eating and is constantly in his hide. He has a clean bill of health from the Vet. I have done my reading before acquiring our dragons. I am aware that they bruminate. Although I was assuming that did not effect Juveniles and was under the assumption that this only happened in the winter, it is now May 1. Any thoughts?
Gonna try to post some pics of em.
Thanks, Q

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, Im not sure where you live but brumation is a little uncommon this time of year. Most dragons are out of brumation at this point. If you recently had a cold snap or your house temp fell from the a/c. He may just go for cover for a little while. Its hard to tell without knowing all the particular details. So its just a guessing game.

What are your temps? Ambient, basking, night time...

Qonundrum

Bearded Dragon Egg
"Hi Gillie, We live in Colorado and it has been a very long winter this year. However our Dragon room is running at a constant 78 degrees Fahrenheit, his inclosure is 48"x24"x24". Ambient temp is 81, Basking is 106, night time gets to be around 76. Like I said its just him that is being lethargic. The female is eating and active. He started this behavior when we separated them about 4 weeks ago.
I shut the lights off on him yesterday and he seemed to be happy about that. He went to his hide and immediately shut his eyes. This morning he is still asleep

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
2.jpg

Latest posts