• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Handling

Eddie

Hatchling Dragon
He looks crabby- the shirt is something new- he will need to get used to it- I see digital thermometers - are you using those for just ambient temps ? You need digital probe ones if you are-
Just ordered these to be safe lol, i ordered a spare bulb aswell, that is the same bulb that he has now.

Attachments

• C0D00F8A-E809-4B70-84F4-985690216F5B.png
    C0D00F8A-E809-4B70-84F4-985690216F5B.png
    659.8 KB · Views: 9

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Funnily enough he does look more stressed today than usual so once he has gotten over it I will send another to show you what he usually looks like… I have a digital probe thermometer in the middle of the tank and it reads the same as the round one in his cool end so I thought they were right ? Plus it’s always 10 degrees and 10 % difference humidity in temp from hot end to cool end. So if I trust my probe thermometer then I assumed these are accurate also ?
Your probe is for your surface basking temp- so if you take the probe and place it where he sits when basking that's gonna give the actual temp- are you using a digital probe hygrometer? That is more accurate than the analogs- that probe should be placed on the center back wall of the tank - optimal humidity 40-50% -- nothing below 20% over 70%

Eddie

Hatchling Dragon
Your probe is for your surface basking temp- so if you take the probe and place it where he sits when basking that's gonna give the actual temp- are you using a digital probe hygrometer? That is more accurate than the analogs- that probe should be placed on the center back wall of the tank - optimal humidity 40-50% -- nothing below 20% over 70%
Yes it is a thermometer and hygrometer probe ( 2 separate probes) I see everywhere that the best way to measure the surface temperatures were the thermometer guns which is why I got one.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes it is a thermometer and hygrometer probe ( 2 separate probes) I see everywhere that the best way to measure the surface temperatures were the thermometer guns which is why I got one.
IR guns are good but they cant read off of certain basking materials -- hammocks are a good example -- I use them to spot check the tank -- but I also have two probes in each tank -- I also have a analog in the tanks as well

Eddie

Hatchling Dragon
IR guns are good but they cant read off of certain basking materials -- hammocks are a good example -- I use them to spot check the tank -- but I also have two probes in each tank -- I also have a analog in the tanks as well
I will use a probe to check the basking spot when It arrives, I actually only really use the gun for his basking spot which is a wooden log as you may remember seeing in previous pictures do you think the wood would give a false reading ? I’m happy to be overly cautious anyway you can never be too safe

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I will use a probe to check the basking spot when It arrives, I actually only really use the gun for his basking spot which is a wooden log as you may remember seeing in previous pictures do you think the wood would give a false reading ? I’m happy to be overly cautious anyway you can never be too safe
Best to check to see if it's off

Eddie

Hatchling Dragon
Best to check to see if it's off
Yh definitely I will do that, he’s on my tshirt lol it’s a terrible picture as I had to zoom in but I’m glad he’s actually on it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    607.8 KB · Views: 8