• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Handling YoYo

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
At what age should I start handling YoYo? He's so tiny and he's already jumped out of my hand once and scared the hell out of me. I scratch his head and his chin when I clean his tank and he seems to like it kinda.

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I start handling them a day out of the egg!! The easiest way to handle him is to hold him in your hand a lightly pinch his tail between your fingers!! That way he does not try to jump out!! Good luck......

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Keep at it. It will take some time for the two of you to bond. They are often skittish at first, but once they realize you are their food source, they will be jumping into your hands. ;D

Try stroking him under his chin. Don't move too quickly. Then gradually lift him up while moving your hand under his front to his belly.....if you just go in and get him, it will make him nervous.

Latest posts