• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Handling Tips

Frankie Bedford

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello!

I've had my beardie for only a couple of weeks now, and I am trying to handle him as much as possible, but I'm not sure I'm doing it right and I don't want to stress him out too much. I've held him quite a few times and I pet him daily, I was just wondering if anyone had some tips?

Thanks so much guys!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Best thing is to start out slowly at first and work up to more handling time. Keep in mind that they really need the environment in their tanks to stay healthy, so not to handle too awful much ;).

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
remember BD's are not like our other furry four legged pets we love so much. a BD would rather be left alone then handeled much at all.

from my own reading and seeing whatother people have done, i say dont have him out of his tank more then 30 minutes a week(not including bath time and cage cleaning) and when a BD is young stress can really effect how they grow i think, so insted of trying to "handle him as much as possable" try to handle him as little as possable.

jeremy green

Hatchling Dragon
I would suggest that you handle them gradual at first and then increase the amount of time once the dragon has adjusted to its home.

Latest posts