• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hand feeding

Mellie24

Hatchling Dragon
Today little miss five asked to hand feed Spike, so we pulled out a mealworm and held it in my hand, being gentle missed a few times and then with great force bit my finger, I didn't know they bit with such force. This is the first and last time I hand feed lol

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
I think they do it naturally to stun or kill their prey enough to get it down without a fight. Desert animals have strong survival techniques and being how BD's are desert animals, I would say that striking method is a natural born technique. If you ever happen to get bit during hand feeding, it's more or less them missing. No harm should ever come from it but, LOL, it sure will make you jump. Happened a few time when I hand fed my corn snake back in the day.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes a Beardie Bite can be quite painful, good thing that they rarely bite. The following pic shows the severity a Beardie Bite can have when mishandled & they mean it ...

BDBite.jpg
The unfortunate gent who is attached to this thumb, was allowing his BD to ride on his shoulder when it leaped for the floor. Trying to avoid it being injured by the 5' or so fall, he attempted to catch the flying dragon, missing it's body, latching onto it's tail. The BD swung around & tagged him a decent one :eek: .

Slave to the Dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
That's pretty funny. Not the worst bite I've seen but good enough to get your attention. I wonder who learned the greater lesson the dragon or the keeper.
R

Latest posts