• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

habitat for a juvi beardie

AngelaMarie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi, I have done my research and am planning on getting a beardie this weekend. I have ordered a very large tank for him the only problem is that there was a problem with the shipping and it may not get here till a week after I have the beardie. My question is what is the smallest enclosure I can keep a juvi beardie in for a very short period of time (a week tops)? Sorry to bother you all with this and thank you so much for taking the time to help me out.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I wouldn't go any smaller than a 10 gallon, very hard to keep safe temps in smaller enclosures. Congratz on your dragon!

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i start all my animals in small tanks ((10 gallons)) just so they can get to know there surroundings outside the tank like you for a week before i move them into a big tank because it can be over welming and very stressful and makes it harder/longer for your dragon to get use to everything....

AngelaMarie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thank you all so much for your imput. I am so excited and I can't wait to get my little beardie!

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i just got my first 2 weeks ago but have had many reptiles and i have always done that and it works better for me and my friends have started to do it and they said they can see a change with there new pets and congrats on your first im already looking for my 2nd one

Latest posts