• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gucci After Meds

Gemsheard

Hatchling Dragon
Guys recently gucci has had worms and she has been treated and should be free of them now *last vet check as soon as she poops* iv given her some soy yogurt and she seems happy enough shes not lost weight or any thing In fact she had put weight on at the vets last week

But.... she doesnt take her food herself any more i have to sit and hand feed her everything live and greens does any one have any advice? could she just be feeling a tad down cos of the med and what not
Im thinking i may have to be tough and just leave her food and she will eventually get hungry... but i feel so bad id rather sit and spend time feeding her so i know shes eaten..... but maybe im not helping lol
Just wondered if tough love is the only way
By hand feed as well she isnt interested untill i get the food in to her mouth and then she will eat but i have to sit and put it in her mouth before she eats it

I think maybe it is that iv spoiled her but just wondered if anyone had any helpful hints or any thing else i could do to help

Thankyou :D

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Guys recently gucci has had worms and she has been treated and should be free of them now *last vet check as soon as she poops* iv given her some soy yogurt and she seems happy enough shes not lost weight or any thing In fact she had put weight on at the vets last week

But.... she doesnt take her food herself any more i have to sit and hand feed her everything live and greens does any one have any advice? could she just be feeling a tad down cos of the med and what not
Im thinking i may have to be tough and just leave her food and she will eventually get hungry... but i feel so bad id rather sit and spend time feeding her so i know shes eaten..... but maybe im not helping lol
Just wondered if tough love is the only way
By hand feed as well she isnt interested untill i get the food in to her mouth and then she will eat but i have to sit and put it in her mouth before she eats it

I think maybe it is that iv spoiled her but just wondered if anyone had any helpful hints or any thing else i could do to help

Thankyou :D
:( that sounds exactly the way Cleopatra has been acting... and, I've had a beardie have worms before and it acted that way during the worm thing. I believe the issue is with the worms and not the meds. I hand feed Cleo because she won't eat on her own... and sometimes I'll have to force feed her. I don't know if I'm helping or hindering, but the exotic vet didn't help me out any so I've been doing same old... I know she'll die eventually if she doesn't eat at all, especially after a clutch. If the worms have cleared out, and your done with the meds then I would wait until she eats on her own, she should unless there is more wrong I would assume if she gets hungry enough.

Gemsheard

Hatchling Dragon
Ye the vet did say its good tht your getting her to eat as some times they can go right off there food but she said she should pick up after the meds and ye guccis still on meds but only for the next few days as she should be clear now we just have to have her next poop checked then she should be freeeeee
but ye im the same i feed like i have to sit and make her eat im hoping the yogurt and no meds will make her feel better as she did only start being like this before we found out about the worms so i think your deffo right its the worms makin her feel crappy
i think ill keep feeding her untill the weekend then ill be a tough mum and just leave the food and hope for the best :/
i mean shes still eating enough its just that i have to do it for her hmmmmm gah naughty little lizard lol

Thankyou for replying its nice to know shes not the only one thats done it makes me feel a tad better

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Ye the vet did say its good tht your getting her to eat as some times they can go right off there food but she said she should pick up after the meds and ye guccis still on meds but only for the next few days as she should be clear now we just have to have her next poop checked then she should be freeeeee
but ye im the same i feed like i have to sit and make her eat im hoping the yogurt and no meds will make her feel better as she did only start being like this before we found out about the worms so i think your deffo right its the worms makin her feel crappy
i think ill keep feeding her untill the weekend then ill be a tough mum and just leave the food and hope for the best :/
i mean shes still eating enough its just that i have to do it for her hmmmmm gah naughty little lizard lol

Thankyou for replying its nice to know shes not the only one thats done it makes me feel a tad better
Not a problem. Cleo will be seeing a different vet after we get paid on Fri. There's a few exotic spec. out here.

Gemsheard

Hatchling Dragon
Heyyy just thought id update the status of gucci lol
So she did the mother of all pooops on saturday and obvs had felt better since
today she went running over to the tub of locust and tryed to eat one thru the tub lol then ran around like a looooon after i let like 4 out for her to eat
so ye i think shes feeling alot better
shes acting more like herself again :)
Thankyou for your replys hope cleo is feeling better

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Heyyy just thought id update the status of gucci lol
So she did the mother of all pooops on saturday and obvs had felt better since
today she went running over to the tub of locust and tryed to eat one thru the tub lol then ran around like a looooon after i let like 4 out for her to eat
so ye i think shes feeling alot better
shes acting more like herself again :)
Thankyou for your replys hope cleo is feeling better
So glad Gucci is feeling better!

Latest posts