• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Growth is slow or just not happening

Lucas791

Hatchling Dragon
I have a baby dragon, about 8 inchs tail to head, who just doesn't seem to be growing, he is in a 30 gallon tank, fed twice daily for whatever he can eat in ten minutes, misted 3 times a day and has fresh veggies to eat daily, his temps are good and I use the exo terra sun glo 150w on one end and a regular house bulb on the other just for some light. Is there any issues here? He even seems to shed twice a month or so. Thanks.
P.S any comments or suggestions for my setup are appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    507.2 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 43

yellowrosesATX

Bearded Dragon Egg
May I ask why you limit food to 10 minutes per feeding? We have been feeding our girl until she is no longer hungry, up to 28 crickets in a sitting sometimes, other times 15 to 20, once she ate 6 and just stopped. Maybe if you get the UVB as suggested and let it eat longer that will help? I am no expert!

Penelopesmom

Hatchling Dragon
Definitely get a reptisun 10.0 t8 or t5 that repti glo is no good. That will help boost his appetite. I agree just keep feeding him until he is not hungry especially since he is not gaining any size.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You mist 3 times a day? Why? Your beardie can and will develop a RI from high humidity. I honestly never ever mist mine....

What are your temps? And how do you measure them?

Basking?
Cool side?
Ambient?
What's humidity?
What Uvb?
What supplements do you use?

More and all the info we have the better we all can help you.

Devildoc

Hatchling Dragon
That one is every 6 months.. I use megaray religiously it last closer to a year no stores I've found sell it so I buy it online.. And use the 220 watt.. IMO its a miracle light 30 in off bottom of tank hits 102 most days had to move basking branch got way to hot almost 134 6 in from it.. Astroid was sluggish after throwing up his meal one day gave him a bath and he started seizing when I put him back into his cage.. Only to find it was a light issue.. Done tons of research bought the exo for a quick fix literally not 24 hours later he was hunting crickets and have never had a issue since.. He sheds probably once a week (different parts) no need for a heat emitter or another light besides the 50/50 aquatic I use to view on the cool side

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That one is every 6 months.. I use megaray religiously it last closer to a year no stores I've found sell it so I buy it online.. And use the 220 watt.. IMO its a miracle light 30 in off bottom of tank hits 102 most days had to move basking branch got way to hot almost 134 6 in from it.. Astroid was sluggish after throwing up his meal one day gave him a bath and he started seizing when I put him back into his cage.. Only to find it was a light issue.. Done tons of research bought the exo for a quick fix literally not 24 hours later he was hunting crickets and have never had a issue since.. He sheds probably once a week (different parts) no need for a heat emitter or another light besides the 50/50 aquatic I use to view on the cool side
Interesting...... Maybe someday I'll try em

Devildoc

Hatchling Dragon
Lol I was like that with a lot of my reef equipment some works some dont.. My 240 gallon reef system I actually use pillow stuffing (poly fill), as my first filter stage into my sump in 3 years I've never had hair algae.. But they do work.. Light on left isn't on I have just been to lazy to move it ..
uploadfromtaptalk1406335732724.jpg

Latest posts