• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gross :-/ Crickets

tarichardi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So last weekend or so we bought crickets from a local petshop. A place where we often buy crickets. Well, 2 days later my husband found worms in the cricket tank! He said they were white, skinny and about a 1/4 inch. Gross! We got rid of the crickets and worms and sanitized with bleach. Prior to originally putting the crix in the tank, I cleaned it, replaced substrate and food myself so I know our tank was pretty darn clean.

Anyone know what the heck they were? How I can prevent this from ever happening again? Could this hurt my BD?

I'm still really grossed out. Had dreams about it and everything :-(

northface75

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
to me it sounds like you're describing maggots -house fly larvae. was there food in the tank that flies could have laid eggs on?

tarichardi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Guess its possible, but not likely. The tank is in a closed cupboard .It had the gel cubes and BD pellet food in it.

Latest posts