• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

greens

guitarsage1

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My wife and I have had our juvie beardie for almost two months and we can't seem to get him to eat any greens. we have tried many different fruits and veggies before you panic I've been to that site that lists all the facts on foods for beardies which found helpful. the only thing that I think he's eaten is cuccumber bits but its hard to tell cause they dry up quick. any suggestions he's been on dusted mealworms.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
First, most young dragons are not "conditioned" to eat greens.

Second, meal worms just are not nutritionally balanced to give a young dragon the protein/fat/phosphorus levels one requires.

So, if you change over to crickets, dubia roaches, even silk worms and horn worms, you can feed the greens to those, just before feeding your dragon for those vitamins.

That's great you are using calcium, 5 days a week on the first insect meal, right ?
Are you also using a good vitamin ? I can suggest happily, Herptivite, 1-2 days a week, NOT on the same day as the calcium, on one insect meal that day.

Hope this helps out !

metrapper

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
guitarsage1 said:
before you panic I've been to that site that lists all the facts on foods for beardies which found helpful.
what site is this thank u

Latest posts