• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Greens

Iangie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I am confused by what greens to feed my beardie. Each list or opinion I find online seems to contradict each other. For instance one list might say Kale, parsley and nasturtium leaves are great, another list says these are sometimes food.
Currently I feed my beardie a mix of endive leaves, snow pea leaves, kale and Bok choy. Although she only eats the endive leaves!
I used to feed nastutiums and parsley which she loved the most and ate it all but I read it's bad all the time...
Also what are Collard greens and mustard leaves? Can they eat all alfalfa sprouts or the plant?
Am I overthinking it?
Thanks
Angela

Tabasco

Hatchling Dragon
Collard, mustard, and turnip greens are the most popular greens for a beardie. Also carrot tops. Kale is ok if mixed in with the above, but it can bind calicium which is not a good thing. You can buy a mix of the three at many supermarkets.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I think they are called spring greens in Australia too.

rsstahl

Bearded Dragon Egg
Our beardy won't go near the greens or anything other than super worms or crickets... she only eat crickets like every other day though. She is approximately 5-6 months.

Tabasco

Hatchling Dragon
Our beardy won't go near the greens or anything other than super worms or crickets... she only eat crickets like every other day though. She is approximately 5-6 months.

What is you enclosure/lighting setup? Temps? Have you had a fecal done to rule out parasites?

Latest posts