• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

green squash & watermelon

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
so my lovely mr. fattie tried some green squash 2day 4 the 1st time & of course, he loved it! i am so thankful 2 have a non-pickey eater!!!!! :) the squash is quite smaller 2, so it will get eatin up b4 ne of it has a chance 2 go bad! glad that he liked it tho, figured he needed 2 try another kind of squash! a few days ago we picked up a watermelon & it has 2 be 1 of the best & sweetest tasting watermelon's i've ever had!!! fattie LOVED it 2!!!! :p

Pat B

Super Moderator
I wish I didn't have a picky eater. Drives me nuts. I gave him watermelon a couple of days ago and he wouldn't touch it. Doesn't like greens. Turned his nose up at mealie worms because I couldn't get to the petstore fast enough for crickets. Gave him his crickets and he went nuts....gobbled them down in a heartbeat. Guess he was hungry...lol. Do you think this little picky eater will change? He is a little over 4 months old.

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
well its hard 2 say. all beardies are different & i started my beardie out on all kinds of different stuff when he wuz only a mini lil baby. many beardie's are very pickey eaters & some hard 2 get away from that! try holding out on the live food 4 like 5 er 7 days & leaving greens/veggies in the enclosure the whole time. ur beardie might get hungry enough 2 just eat wuts in his sight. but it also might not. all u can do is try! :)

Pat B

Super Moderator
I will try this, however, he wouldn't eat the mealie worms because i didn't have any crickets....lol....but this is worth a try. Thanks.

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I wish I didn't have a picky eater. Drives me nuts. I gave him watermelon a couple of days ago and he wouldn't touch it. Doesn't like greens. Turned his nose up at mealie worms because I couldn't get to the petstore fast enough for crickets. Gave him his crickets and he went nuts....gobbled them down in a heartbeat. Guess he was hungry...lol. Do you think this little picky eater will change? He is a little over 4 months old.
He's 4 months, thats why hahahaha.. My beardie used to not eat a thing except for her crickets!! Now she loves veggies, the moment she turned 1 she started to eat them way more

Pat B

Super Moderator
This is what I thought about the age. Yesterday he did eat quite a bit of greens and that surprised me. I will try some more today with tiny pieces of cantalope. Also....the little bugger is shedding and I had no idea. There was no physical evidence that he was going to do this as in grey skin. He is more beautiful everytime he sheds. I will give a warm bath today and maybe that will help with the rest of the shedding.

Latest posts