• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Greedy lil sod ;)

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
So. I have recently switched Diego from size 3 2 size 4 coz he was goin through an awful lot for 3 n he was gettin bigger so altho i was nervous i thought y not. He loves the bigger bugs he really does. My bf plays a game with him where he throws the bugs dwn the hall. Sound gross i know but tbh he loves it. I have wood floor in the hall so he runs and runs til he gets near the locus then he lets himself slide alone the floor grabbing it in mid slide it awsum it has me in stiches every time. :D. Sorry to go off the subject but as i was sayin we upped the bugs coz he was eatin more and he still eat loads i think if we kept feeding hed keep eatin. He quite chunky as it is n i dnt wanna make him fat. He was goin thriugh a box of size 4s twice a day. U get around 12-20 bugs in a box depending on how healthy the box was. So the past couple of days ive cut him bak a bit ive been givin him 8. Twice a day he gets greens offered all day every day and he eats a fair amount of that aswel. Is this ok or am i starving him. I just worry he will get fat i think he got no self controll at all he also get worms twice a week and they go in seconds. He like a little endless pitt. He poops every day. He gets out 3-4 times a day and unless its late he rum rnd exploring. So all i want to know is am i ok to feed him like that or am i starving him ?

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If hes eatin poopin and runnin hes good. If he were starving he wouldnt poop so much and would conserve energy. My Toviah doesnt eat enough to keep a gecko alive. But Bella makes uo for it - i havent seen her NOT eat any live prey i've offered. Can you get a video of Diego sliding into home plate?

Kat80

Hatchling Dragon
This is so bizarre because that is exactly what I do, I find feeding in the wooden floor is easier, the crickets are so fast in his viv they run and hide so I'm having to find them and it takes ages, but putting them on floor the slip around making it easy for him to chase, when he's eaten I then transfer him straight onto his rock . Think your feeding him fine although I'm no expert this is roughly how much my make eats about 15-20 a day and greens, my female eats less xx

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Il get a vid 2 moz ;) not sure how to post 1 but il have a look in the morn. The locus r petty big that he as size 4 bit less than an inch. And the locus got constant food aswel. ;)

Latest posts