• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Great Vet Check!

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well I decided to take all 3 lizards to the vet, since I have heard it's good to do so at least once a year when you first get them. I hadn't done it before, because I wasn't noticing too much of an issue. I thought Merlin and Abby might have had tongue infections, but the vet (who has leos of his own and I think a beardie if memory serves me correctly) did not think they had infections. He said they looked fine to him, and fecal tests for Jethro and Abby came out fine (he couldn't get Merlin to go to the bathroom) but he said Merlin looked fine and was overall healthy.

Merlin turned out to be a girl, which was a big shock to Mom and me, but I'm keeping the name Merlin anyways.

Merlin weighs 44 grams, Abby weighs 14 grams, and Jethro (vet said most likely male for him) - weighs 36 grams.

I got Merlin back in May of this year, Abby this month at ReptiCon from lzrdgrl. Jethro back in August of this year (each on the first of the month, ironically enough) XD

Made me happy! All my critters doing well!

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So am I! I'm about to have to order more crickets, getting low. I swear, between Abby and Jethro, they're little hams. Merlin's become picky since she's getting older, and into adult stage. But the other two, devour them like there's no tomorrow! XD

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So am I! I'm about to have to order more crickets, getting low. I swear, between Abby and Jethro, they're little hams. Merlin's become picky since she's getting older, and into adult stage. But the other two, devour them like there's no tomorrow! XD
LOL :D

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yep! Gonna order more hopefully today. And Jethro is a little DiNozzo and a booger! He goes straight for the boobs every time I get him out. And he used my arm as his bathroom today! And it wasn't small by any means. I'd just taken a shower not too long ago! I guess it was because I took him outside for a bit so natural sunlight and warm air must've encouraged his digestive system to work sooner. Put him up so I could clean it off, then got him back out and let him ride the tractor for a minute! LOL Mom got a pic, I will try to upload it soon.

Latest posts