• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Great blue Worm

beardieluver

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Anyone heard of Great blue worms as food for beardies? My local reptile store (not petsmart or petco) suggested them . i tried them out and my beardie loves them. just wondering what you have to say about them. thanks :)

Boogiesmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
LOL..... Janie and I were discussing the color of Hornworms. I say green she says blue, so which one of us is color blind....

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Those worms are fine as a treat or semi staple... blue Sue.. they are blue.. lol
Janie

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
they used to come in a pretty blue color and green but most places just sell the green ones now

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Are these ok for a baby beardie? I will do anything to get his appetite up he is still only eating once a day.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
as long as they are smaller than the space between his eyes they make a great healthy treat

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
staylor said:
Are these ok for a baby beardie? I will do anything to get his appetite up he is still only eating once a day.

Did you try wax worms? Normally, they would only be used as a treat but if he isn't eating much they can help keep his weight up. They're also fairly small so safe for a young beardie.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Boogiesmom said:
Seeee Janie, some our green... I am not colored blind... LOL

Blue... Blue... BLUE ! Y'all color blind... *grins and giggles*.
Janie

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
neither of ya'll are color blind. the worm's color is dependent on what it is eating.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I know... I was having a bit of fun with Sue is all, Gina...
Darn... now I can't tease no more... rats.
Janie

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Madisyn-Alexis said:
staylor said:

Did you try wax worms? Normally, they would only be used as a treat but if he isn't eating much they can help keep his weight up. They're also fairly small so safe for a young beardie.

I give him Phoenix worms but he is not a fan of those either.

ladyknite said:
neither of ya'll are color blind. the worm's color is dependent on what it is eating.

Man I was enjoying the color blind banter. :)

Boogiesmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Don't worry it will carry on for a bit. I will have to see pictures before I believe in the blue... LOL

Latest posts