• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gotta keep George warm...

I_Love_George

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
It's that time of year again here in the D, where the onset of a frigid winter is approaching...George of course is becoming less and less active as the temperature drops of course. I don't want George getting too cold this year (I do have heat lamps and all that) especially at night. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I won't be able to give that great of suggestions since I live in Florida. The only thing I can recommend are hand warmers. If your electricity ever goes out they can keep your beardie warm. Just wrap the warmers up in a cloth and lay them in it's viv. The warmers get pretty hot.

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
With his heating & lighting thru the day he should be ok, but you could add a ceramic heater on a thermostat. We have one in our vivs & if it gets too cold thru the night it comes on, brings the viv back to temp without putting out any light.We never had any bother with that method & last year we were hitting temps of -16*C in our area.

Chelsey

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I won't be able to give that great of suggestions since I live in Florida. The only thing I can recommend are hand warmers. If your electricity ever goes out they can keep your beardie warm. Just wrap the warmers up in a cloth and lay them in it's viv. The warmers get pretty hot.

I've heard suggestions of the hand warmers before, especially if your power goes out (or if you are taking your beardie on a long drive). But yeah make sure it is wrapped up in something. :D

I_Love_George

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks for the suggestions anyone, especially the one about the hand warmers. Never really thought of what to do if weather takes out the power.

Latest posts