• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gotham

LTMets44

Hatchling Dragon
Gotham had his first shed this weekend. I noticed him scratching his head on the basking log so I gave him his 1st soaking. By the time I woke up this morning, he shed his skin.

When I got home from work, I put down 10 crickets, and for the 1st time, he ate all of them. (He usually only eats about 2)

He continues to be very active and very alert unlike my BD's in the past.

I am a proud pop and wanted to share. :)

LTMets44

Hatchling Dragon
Gotham has been happy and healthy. He eats his crickets daily. He is also out and about. Doesn't seem to like his pellets at all and only takes a bite or two of his greens.

Just wanted to share.

LTMets44

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you @Kalypso. I'm really not sure how old he is. My aviator is from the day I brought him home. He was about 5". Today makes 3 weeks since I had him. If I had to guess, I would say he is about a month and 1/2" but I'm really not sure.

Kalypso

Hatchling Dragon
Awesome! I am expecting my first beardie this coming Wednesday from lllreptile. I have always kept and bred Panther Chameleons, and have also kept several different cham and gecko species as pets. I got out of the hobby 3 years ago, but missed it, and decided to try something different this time around!

It surprised the @*&% out of me to see how fast beardies grow! It really is very fascinating. I look forward to many more pics and updates on Gotham!

LTMets44

Hatchling Dragon
Good Luck with your beardie. I had two in the past and missed them very much. They are (in my opinion) the greatest reptile pet to have.

I love the fact that they grow fast. To me, they have the opposite affect of kittens. Cute when they are smaller and cuter when they are full grown.

This forum is a great place to learn the correct way to raise them.

Kalypso

Hatchling Dragon
TBH, the husbandry is not that much different from my Panther Chams, minus some tweaks here and there regarding humidity, temps, and other little things. The diet is surprisingly similar, along with the need for UVB (10.0 this time instead of 5.0), and some other things as well. I'm pretty excited about having a new scaly friend around! I'll be sure to get a few picks when he arrives, or perhaps a video before I put him in his viv for acclimation :)

LTMets44

Hatchling Dragon
Figured I'd share a before and after pic of Gotham. He is doing very well and growing fast. In a few days, I'll have him for a month already.

CBs7O.jpg

Kalypso

Hatchling Dragon
He is awesome! :D In the bottom pic he looks similar in size to Kalypso! I have yet to measure her though. Looking forward to seeing how big he is by Christmas!

LTMets44

Hatchling Dragon
I looked, I think I see two bulges, but he is still rather small. I saw your video of you un-boxing Kalypso and she looks alot bigger than Gotham. When he gets a little bigger I will check again. :)

LTMets44

Hatchling Dragon
Here a video of Gotham eating crickets. You can see my daughter's cat loves to watch him eat.

Jesse omg it's me

Juvenile Dragon
Gotham is a cute one!!;) Dont u love it when they eat how their tails curl up i thinks its the best part when they try so hard to catch a cricket.

Latest posts