• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Got pooped on...

tresbienensemble

Hatchling Dragon
Its been about a month now with my young beardie, Norbert, and he has gotten himself a pretty consistent schedule of playing and eating and sleeping and bathing.

This evening though, right before his bath, he pooped on my boyfriend who doesn't interact with him as much. Norbert usually poops before ten a.m. and he doesn't poop in the bath.

Anyways my question is... Do dragons control when and where they decide to poop? Or is it just a process that happens without their control... Like birds?

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
That's a great question...sometimes I swear they do have some control at least. My boy Banyon wouldn't go outside his tank (except in the bath he would sometimes). He had his playtime each day, I increased the length of his outings gradually, and always supervised. Once put back in his tank, most times within 15-30 minutes, he would poop. With my girl now Saffron, I've been holding her and literally seen "it" starting to come out... I'll put her back in her tank and then... nothing. I'm not saying they have complete control... but sometimes, MY bd's anyway, well... they do make me wonder lol.

kic90army

Juvenile Dragon
I think they get on a pretty consistent schedule a lot of the time. Puff has breakfast then hangs out by the water bowl and poops and goes back in her tree. But I think when nature calls it calls so there can be "accidents"
(I know my tortoise loves to poop while he's out of the tank being loved on)

Latest posts