• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Got a new dragon coming

weewane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well as some of you know I am kinda new to bearded dragons. I got my first dragon in November his name is sonny and he is a sandfire morph. Then a few weeks later I saw a deal on craigslist for 2 bearded dragons with 75 gallon tank and a leopard gecko in a 20 gall tank that needed a home badly, so I adopted them. I have nursed them back up to good health and fattened them up nicley. Last night I adopted out the big male that I had to a friend that was looking for a new male dragon, as her male is getting up there in age.
So now onto the purpose of this thread since getting sonny and reading all I can about dragons and seeing all the different morphs out there I decided I was gonna get another dragon that I plan on breeding when the time comes. So I ordered a female dragon from a breeder in NY ( I am in VA ). I have been looking for a yellow colored dragon for the last month and when I found this little girl I had to have her. Her father is a Marketed Luecistic X Hypo Pastel and her mother is a Marketed Luecistic/Hypo Orange Glow X Flaming Red/Blood/Hypo Orange Glow wow thats a mouthful. I prolly will not get her for a few wees or a month due to the weather and shipping. The breeder seems real nice and knowledgeable about bearded dragons. The parents I think are great looking so I am really excited to see her and watch her grow up to be a big healthy dragon. Ohh and as a side note her grandma just layed a clutch of 45 eggs, so she should be a good breeder.
I will post picts as soon as I get her and post them up. Just wanted to let everyone know what was going on. Woohoo for me LoL As you can tell I got bit by the bearded dragon bug.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well congrats on the soon to be new addition. who is the breeder if you don't mind my asking?
And you do know you wont be able to breed her for a while. 18 months is the "suggested" breeding age, and the safest age in my opinion.

weewane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yes I dont plan on breeding at all in 2010 unless I breed my other female and that may be at the end of this year, or if I get another female that is of breeding age. The breeder I am getting her from is Nicole from Howlin Gale Dragons. If you go to her site the father is zorro, and the mother is sweety.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad you nursed those dear hearts back to health and found a good home for one!

And congrats on the new addition. Looking forward to the pics.

weewane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well my new baby girl shipped out today so I will have picts posted tomorrow once she gets here. She left buffalo, NY tonight at 8:28pm and she is due here by 10:30am. I have built her a viv just like I have for the other dragons. I will post some picts of the condo as well tomorrow. Can't wait to see her.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Excellent. Looking forward to meeting the little one.

weewane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well she just got here about 30 mins ago and is setteling in to her viv. She has some stress marks which I expected. She is a little skidish right now so I dont wanna mess with her right now. I will get some picts of her and load them up on here in a little while. I got to run to work for a bit but will post up when I get back. She is a cute little thing, has clear nails, and some orange patches on her jaw and a yellow head.

weewane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok janie and others wait is over. just snapped a few shot of her. She is still a little jumpy and nervous so I dont want to mess with her much but here are a few picts

this is a pict I got from the breeder a few weeks ago
femaledragon4weeks.jpg

here is a pict of her here in her new home
pets236.jpg

One more pict of her in her viv. notice the yellow head yippy
pets238.jpg

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Aw. So tiny. She looks a bit skittish. Hope she settles in real soon!

Latest posts