• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Good weight?

lucie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! I took in this rescue a year ago, and I have no idea how old she is. She’s about 230 grams and 12 inches long. I was wondering if she might be a little overweight? I’ll try to attach a photo of her. I normally don’t work with too many bearded dragons so I don’t know if this is just their build or if she is overweight.

lucie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here she is

Attachments

• 0FAF3A5C-B488-4FE9-AD17-18E255E6A508.jpeg
    0FAF3A5C-B488-4FE9-AD17-18E255E6A508.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 12

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Her belly is starting to get a bit big, you typically want to make sure as long as it's not dragging on the ground as they walk you are ok.. Her belly is getting a bit big what do you feed her? Have you had a fecal done on her lately?

lucie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Her belly is starting to get a bit big, you typically want to make sure as long as it's not dragging on the ground as they walk you are ok.. Her belly is getting a bit big what do you feed her? Have you had a fecal done on her lately?
She gets crickets and Phoenix worms, the occasional hornworm. She also gets salad, usually collard greens, bok choy, bell peppers, and her calcium and vitamin supplements a couple of times a week. She hasn’t had a fecal too recently, so I’ll look into that. I’ve also had multiple people tell me she may be infertily pregnant, but she doesn’t seem to have any of that behavior. I guess I’ll just feed her less.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She gets crickets and Phoenix worms, the occasional hornworm. She also gets salad, usually collard greens, bok choy, bell peppers, and her calcium and vitamin supplements a couple of times a week. She hasn’t had a fecal too recently, so I’ll look into that. I’ve also had multiple people tell me she may be infertily pregnant, but she doesn’t seem to have any of that behavior. I guess I’ll just feed her less.
She could be gravid with infertile eggs so that could also be true. When in the bath and she relaxes you could gently feel on the sides and see if you feel or see lumps. Be very gentle as if she is you dont want to rupture any..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
She has a belly like my Dolly. I would start feeding her less bugs each meal. Get a vet check and check for parasites and egg follicals just to be safe.

lucie

Bearded Dragon Egg
She could be gravid with infertile eggs so that could also be true. When in the bath and she relaxes you could gently feel on the sides and see if you feel or see lumps. Be very gentle as if she is you dont want to rupture any..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
She has a belly like my Dolly. I would start feeding her less bugs each meal. Get a vet check and check for parasites and egg follicals just to be safe.
Ok, thank you, I’ll check with my vet

Latest posts