• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Glass surfing?

JakeTheDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey Everyone!

So my dragon just started this today. The temperature and humidity in his vivarium are at a good level and there doesn't seem to be anything else that. Can someone help explain this to me or is he just being a weirdo?

Edit: I lied, his humidity is at 10% across the tank. I put a water bowl in there and misted inside to help.

Thank you!

Shane C

Attachments

• IMG_20230924_125741156.jpg
    IMG_20230924_125741156.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey Everyone!

So my dragon just started this today. The temperature and humidity in his vivarium are at a good level and there doesn't seem to be anything else that. Can someone help explain this to me or is he just being a weirdo?

Edit: I lied, his humidity is at 10% across the tank. I put a water bowl in there and misted inside to help.

Thank you!

Shane C
How big is the tank? 10% is too low --- you want it no less than 20% --- are you getting this level w/ a digital probe hygrometer? analogs are inaccurate - probe should be placed on the back center wall of the tank

JakeTheDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
How big is the tank? 10% is too low --- you want it no less than 20% --- are you getting this level w/ a digital probe hygrometer? analogs are inaccurate - probe should be placed on the back center wall of the tank
The tank is 5ft long by 1.5 ft wide. For the humidity I have two digital ones on the hot and cool side of the tank. I haven't been able to get a probe hydrometer yet.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The tank is 5ft long by 1.5 ft wide. For the humidity I have two digital ones on the hot and cool side of the tank. I haven't been able to get a probe hydrometer yet.
Exo Terra makes them-- so the tank is of good size- I would try a humidifier place it next to the tank--

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got a humidifier and rigged a hose to it that's in the tank. He's been doing well. Thank you!
What is the humidity in the tank ? You do not want it over 70% -- you may cause a RI --- it should be next to the tank and running w/ no hose in the tank ---

JakeTheDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
What is the humidity in the tank ? You do not want it over 70% -- you may cause a RI --- it should be next to the tank and running w/ no hose in the tank ---
His tank is enclosed and the humidifier would take up to much space in the tank, the humidity has been around 30-40% across the tank. I have the humidifier, along with my lights, on timers and temp monitors so they regulate automatically.
If it's enclosed would the humidity still be able to get in the tank? It's the top that's covered, it's not like perfectly sealed but I got it closed up to keep the heat in better.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
His tank is enclosed and the humidifier would take up to much space in the tank, the humidity has been around 30-40% across the tank. I have the humidifier, along with my lights, on timers and temp monitors so they regulate automatically.
If it's enclosed would the humidity still be able to get in the tank? It's the top that's covered, it's not like perfectly sealed but I got it closed up to keep the heat in better.
I don't think so as long as your humidity is not going above 70% - the hygrometer your using is a digital probe hygrometer you will get actual readings

Latest posts