• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Glass Cleaning

GlobularDuck

Bearded Dragon Egg
What do folks use to clean the glass in enclosures? I’ve been using a little dish soap and water but it still leaves it streaky. It sure if something like windex is ok, don’t like the idea of using chemicals.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What do folks use to clean the glass in enclosures? I’ve been using a little dish soap and water but it still leaves it streaky. It sure if something like windex is ok, don’t like the idea of using chemicals.
Can you take the glass off ? If so I would recommend doing that and cleaning w/ glass clean you can get it from Home Depot -- and let it dry before putting it back on --

GlobularDuck

Bearded Dragon Egg
Can you take the glass off ? If so I would recommend doing that and cleaning w/ glass clean you can get it from Home Depot -- and let it dry before putting it back on -
Can you take the glass off ? If so I would recommend doing that and cleaning w/ glass clean you can get it from Home Depot -- and let it dry before putting it back on --
No, it’s not removable. They are sliding glass doors on the front of the enclosure.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok so take him out and clean the glass - let it dry and smell dissipate

GlobularDuck

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so take him out and clean the glass - let it dry and smell dissipate
Yeah, that’s what I do but I was just looking for appropriate cleaners that won’t leave streaks. I’ve been using dish soap and it’s all right but was hoping someone had some better ideas. If your saying that cleaners like windex are ok as long as I let the enclosure air out completely then I may try that, but I was hoping someone knew of some milder maybe more organic type cleaners that work good because I haven’t been successful at finding one yet.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah, that’s what I do but I was just looking for appropriate cleaners that won’t leave streaks. I’ve been using dish soap and it’s all right but was hoping someone had some better ideas. If your saying that cleaners like windex are ok as long as I let the enclosure air out completely then I may try that, but I was hoping someone knew of some milder maybe more organic type cleaners that work good because I haven’t been successful at finding one yet.
Not sure about organic cleaner - the stuff I use is Sprayway glass cleaner its a foam - it does not leave streaks

Photoni

Bearded Dragon Egg
We have very hard water where i live so every once in awhile we do a Vinegar cleaning to get all the water spots from Calcium deposits off of the glass. It also helps to dry the glass after misting so the water spots don't appear.

Latest posts