• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ghann's, dont buy from them!

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
i have ordered from Ghann's twice now and the first time i had a sorta high amount of DOA, this other batch i just got had almost every single one dead! i have asked many other owners and they also have had problems with a lot of DOA crickets as well as getting the wrong kind of crickets.

the crickets from Ghann's also died off in 10 days! way to soon! many people are sending them complaints and large emails are going out to them full of emails and names of unhappy customers.

i switched to http://rainbowmealworms.net/ they offer better prices and better crickets, also had only a few DOA in the box.

Emmily

Juvenile Dragon
Oh I didn't know they came in smaller sizes haha now I feel silly :rolleyes: I shall look! She's in the middle of shedding so she's not eating much right now.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Oh I didn't know they came in smaller sizes haha now I feel silly :rolleyes: I shall look! She's in the middle of shedding so she's not eating much right now.
the roaches can be costly if you keep on ordering them, i would say your best bet would be to start breeding roaches. many eople on here do, Germ has been doing it for a while too so he knows a lot about it~

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
mulberry farms is the devil! Well they are bad anyway. Their customer service is very bad and they will not talk to you on the phone.

They accused several people of lying and even fraud when the requested black crickets and received brown mixed in with the black.

Lot mor ei have read about them but they are terrible people and don't care about their products, only the money

Emmily

Juvenile Dragon
Oh jeez hahaha when you find a good place to get black crickets from let me know so I can try them :)

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Oh jeez hahaha when you find a good place to get black crickets from let me know so I can try them :)
Rainbowmealworms.net just ask for the black ones in the order. It has a box where u can write out directions for them and just ask for the black crickets.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Whats the with the black ones and tabor brown ones?
Ok there are many kinds of crickets, and four or five kinds are used for reptiles though there are really just two main ones.

What you see in most pet stores are the brown house cricket, which are weak and die very easy.

The other is the black cricket known as a field cricket or Gryllus assimilis. They are stronger and eat a ton more then the brown crickets they don't die off as fast, cherp little as adults and a few other things. The black crickets are good ones and I am using them from now on.

There is a "gray" cricket as its being called which is a cross of the black and brown but it has not been confirmed as a separate type or cricket yet, rainbow mealworms.net has them I think too.

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
yah i 2, use black crix. i can thankfully get em from a very clean bait shop & they're very cheap! i get em like 2 er 3 bucks 4 100. they live much longer & get pretty big! but the 1's i get do seem to chirp A LOT more than the brown crix. they're a much hardier kind of cricket & i definately prefer them over the brown crix ne day!!!

Emmily

Juvenile Dragon
I will definitely be getting some once I run out of my brown crickets which wont be for another month maybe lol

Latest posts