• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Getting new tank, UVB Q's

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey there,
Im in the market for a 75 gal tank for Draco, hes in a 40 breeder now and just seems bored out of his mind. Theres not much room in there :/ ...however seems like its going to be a long wait, the local petco cant get the warehouse to get them in and they've been trying for a while. I see some used ones but the tank is in mums house in a room where guests visit so she would prefer new/clean. Most of the 75's for sale around local are older fish tanks and covered in hard water stains et. So anywho im not sure when I will be getting this said 75 but as soon as they get them in Ill be picking one up. I do realize these tanks are a bit higher and I am a bit worried about the UVB being too far away...Upon googling images I see some people have light strips inside the tank...what are these bulbs, where do I get them, where do you get those light strips to put the bulb in, are they safe for the bd, how do you mount them? Photos? Im pretty dumb when it comes to this stuff lol.

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
The UVB I use is an 18" ZOO MED Reptisun 10.0 UVB T-8 bulb and in my opinion is the best (German Glass, not made in China). They last for about 5-6 months too. I have mine suspended with chain so it is about 12" from the basking spot with no screen to filter out the much need UVB rays. There are many ways to suspend a tube light fixture. Here is how I did mine:

IMG_0792.JPG

Latest posts