• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Getting my first bearded dragon, tips!

wildenglishrose

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm picking up a 4month old beardie either weds or thursday, it will be my first bearded dragon. Im so excited! ;D For his/her set up i have a 50 gallon tank, 10.0 zoomed UVB tube, 100 watt clear basking bulb, branches, tiles for the floor, feeding/water bowls, Calcium with and without D3 and two digital thermometers. Anything else i will need? Also how many times a week should i dust the food with D3 and without? I've read loads but the calcium question is the one that is confusing me, i've read so many different answers. Any tips would be great please.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi...congrats on your baby! There is definitely varying opinions out there on bearded dragon care. That is why we started our site - to keep ourselves straight on what we believed to be the best possible care.

For babies, you will want a calcium with D3, 6 days a week. And dust crickets with a multi-vitamin, 1 day a week. Here's a link to our caresheet -

Bearded Dragon Care

wildenglishrose

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
How long should i be dusting the crickets 6 times a week for? I have a chameleon and i dusted her food with D3 every day until she was 6months of age then i cut back to twice a month and using calcium with no d3 4 times a week. Will that be the same for a bearded dragon?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Until they reach 1 year old. Then you can dust with calcium one week then dust with a multivitamin the next.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Until they reach 1 year old. Then you can dust with calcium one week then dust with a multivitamin the next.

OK, Im reqally forgetfull, can I instead of dusting 1 week on / one week off. Dust every second day? Or do they need the weeks break?

Latest posts