• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Getting my beardie soon!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here's his new setup in the 75 gallon. Still waiting on my 2ft uvb light fixture, I couldn't find one in a physical store anywhere.
Glad to hear the UVB is coming -- when you get it post back on here and I will help you get it set up for your tank -- there is no pic posted

Meerna

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm honestly having a lot of trouble finding either a 4ft bulb or a 2ft light fixture. I think the one I ordered should work, but I bought it a week ago and I still haven't got a shipping notification. I have the 2ft reptisun t5 bulb, but couldn't find a fixture for it and any store. Does a fixture sold for LED light work for a t5 fluorescent bulb?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm honestly having a lot of trouble finding either a 4ft bulb or a 2ft light fixture. I think the one I ordered should work, but I bought it a week ago and I still haven't got a shipping notification. I have the 2ft reptisun t5 bulb, but couldn't find a fixture for it and any store. Does a fixture sold for LED light work for a t5 fluorescent bulb?
www.pangeareptile.com
this will come w/a 5.0 bulb keep it for a back up distance and placement is different from the 10.0 T 5 bulb --- you must have a fixture w/ a reflector in it -- is the bulb you have a 22" ?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, the bulb I have is a 22". I know I need a fixture with a reflector, that's why it's so hard for me to find. What about this? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XPKQPSL?psc=1&smid=AGHGL81LFL69F&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp
Then I can get another bulb so it goes across the whole cage.
You only need one fixture and a 24" is good for a 75 gallon- you don't want the uvb going the full length of the tank - they need to be able to get out of the uvb rays w/ out having to hide from it

Meerna

Bearded Dragon Egg
Pic that didn't post earlier

Attachments

• 20220410_161912.jpg
    20220410_161912.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pic that didn't post earlier
Are those bricks clear up to the screen? You need basking distance of at least 6 inches for the basking bulb or he will get burned and the uvb is going to need a certain distance depending on the screen

Meerna

Bearded Dragon Egg
Are those bricks clear up to the screen? You need basking distance of at least 6 inches for the basking bulb or he will get burned and the uvb is going to need a certain distance depending on the screen
I'm going to hang them tomorrow, I just moved him in to this today. I checked temps all over with a probe and a heat gun.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh sorry, half asleep when I sent that. I'm going to hang the lights so they don't sit directly on the screen.
Ok distance for the UVB should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor for a T 5 -- basking bulb should not be closer than 6"