• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Getting everything ready

ravenwolf

Juvenile Dragon
So with many thanks to the links and videos and topics on this site (which I have been reading since i joined lol) I have been collecting everything I need for a BD. I have my UVB 10%, basking lamp for the basking spot, some logs for decor and a few other fun bits and pieces for a beardie to use as hides and generally just give it something fun to explore.

Cannot wait to get a beardie, I don't mind if its a boy or girl, baby or adult. I'm half tempted to rescue a BD as I hate shopping for animals in pet stores (although I always want to save them I feel like it just encourages them)

Will update you all as soon as I find my perfect beardie.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please be careful not to clutter your enclosure with ...
some logs for decor and a few other fun bits and pieces for a beardie to use as hides and generally just give it something fun to explore.
For a new Dragon, the K.I.S.S. method generally is the best route. Providing hides for a BD that they will rarely ever use if things are set up properly, will provide hiding spots for the live prey feeders, making it difficult for the BD to find & hunt it's food. BD's do not need much for furnishings, as they will spend the majority of their time basking in the heat in order to digest their food.

The majority of the 'Fluff' is for our Eye Candy, not necessarily for their benefit
Example of a Basic Setup: Showing the recommended Basic requirements, proper Temperatures & the points at which they should be measured from, in Red & the optional choices that are actually used in this particular example enclosure, in Black.
BDsetup-1.jpg

Read More: http://www.beardeddragonforum.com/index.php?threads/basic-bd-care-sheet-a-place-to-start.5177/

Good luck in the search for that perfect Dragon. Rescues are always an option & generally quite a rewarding effort.

Latest posts