• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

gettin left over crickets out of the viv???

stroudy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hey guys how do you get any left over crickets out of the viv. im struggaling to catch them and i know they can bite lil kimbo so im a bit worred about my lil mate. i all ways make shore there is veg in there so hopefuly they will just eat that till me or kimbo get them. any tips guys ???

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i leave a tube from the cricket keeper in the viv over night. usually catches all the loose crickets. we have extra tubes, so crix don't jump out of the keeper.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I only put in 10 at a time to limit the amount I have to remove. Once he is finished eating I corner them and just pick them up with my fingers. I found just picking them up with my hand was the fastest and easiest way of doing it. Other jar feed, and some feed outside of the viv so that there are never any crickets that can hide in the viv.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Catch them. Never been bitten. You may want to consider getting a separate area for your dragon to eat the cricket. Some use a big storage tub. This way, your crickets are not in the viv where your beardie lives.

stroudy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ok cool cheers guys. what do you mean by the tubes, mine have only got them card bored things that eggs come in? yer i try to put about 10 in at a time but find it hard to make shore just 10 go in and i cant catch the lil rascles they keep jumpin as soon as i get any were near them. ill keep tryin tho

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
over time your cricket catching skills will improve. When I first got Piggy I got so frustrated that I could not catch the crix, I sucked them up with the vacuum hose. After seeing I killed about 20+ crickets I quickly realized no matter how frustrated I got that was not a good idea since it killed them and crickets cost is very high with a baby beardie.

Latest posts