• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

George acting very strange lately.

Louisa

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello, just need a little bit of help. George my 2 year old bearded dragon, in very good health, eats fine, poops fine and even sheads fine. Just recently had a health check and all was well. But for the past 2 days, his been going crazy in his viv, his always running into the glass on the front of his viv, trying to climb up the sides, his never done this before so I am very worried. Im always getting him out his tank so he can have a run around the room on the floor. So its a bit strange as its not as if he is constantly stuck in his tank.
36484_408528361603_729916603_4983313_3675287_n.jpg

Dunc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi Louu

What we as parents of these beautiful scaley creatures have to endure. Ive noticed over the last few weeks on various forums that there is an increase in "crazy dragon" antics. The genral thought process is that the weather we've been experiencing this year has been strange, the erratic temperatures, the speed of light diminishing, the air pressure can all play with beardies ever so sensitive bodies.

George is 2, has he brumated before ? hows he eating and sleeping?

Have you changed anything in his Vivarium?. I changed all my vivs over to Arcadia D3 + 12% a month back and had 11 mad dragons. I sometimes think we as daft p[arents do forget just sensitive to change these critters are

Dunc

Louisa

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey Dunc,
Nope his never brumated at all before, his eating fine, always the first to much all his veg and live foods down the greedy monster hehe, his sleeping very well as well to be honest.
Nope havent changed a thing in his viv, always get the same lightings etc,
x

Dunc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey louu

firstly, if in doubt call a vet... although I really have heard a lot of people saying about this crazy behaviour, Ive 2 that are displaying slightly abnormal behaviour and 2 that are happily snoring away. Not all beardies Brumates, I've never heard one that brumates at less than a year old so George being 2 is possibly going down that route which does seem to cause them an element of strange behaviour. Sandy my old lady (she very prim and proper) pigs for a week to the point I worry, she then poo's for a few days without eating and disappears into her hide. Where as Randy a 2 year old (yes all mine end in Y's) although randy is a suitable name for another day; this year for the first time just woke one day after being ever so normal and just laid there and didn't move, so I gave him a bath and sent his stool to be tested for parasites. He's now yo-yo'ing backwards and forwards in brumation which is a stressful time for owners There all different with different characteristic's

One last though. When did George last shed? Id act crazy if my skin decided to expand and separate from my body

Im always really cautious about answering these. Ive no medical experience but Ive 9 years experience of owning these guys. Please follow your instinct

Louisa

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
He was only at the vet last week and everything was fine they said, they sent his stool to be tested and that come back fine, so i dont really know either, i may just give them a call and see if they can give me any info as im worried. he shed his skin about 2 weeks ago, full body, and ive checked to see if it has all come off and it has, he had a bath today to see if i could calm him down he was fine in the bath, put him in his tank then half hour later he started going crazy again, he might just be a crazy animal like his owner hehe. x

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree with what Dunc has mentioned above in relation 2 pressure change in the air affecting your dragons behavior. Air pressure/weather affects most animals, it's an internal warning telling them that they need 2 seek shelter. I'm sure some animals are more sensitive than others, as it can even affect the fishing hear in Florida.

Louisa

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok, thanks a lot to you all who have helped me, he seems ok at the moment as ive just given him some of his favourtie green which is green beans with water on. hopefully he will settle down very soon, thanks again guys :) x:cool:

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok, thanks a lot to you all who have helped me, he seems ok at the moment as ive just given him some of his favourtie green which is green beans with water on. hopefully he will settle down very soon, thanks again guys :) x:cool:
No worries. Glad he's calmed down some.

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
my friends dragon was freaking beacuse they changed the light in teh rrom around and then the dragon could see its reflection. Then again my male has been running back and forth in his cage rubbing his face on the sreen to where he bled -__- they are in out door cages pretty much everyday unless the weathers horible so it must be the weather changes driving them nuts they are going to brumate soon

Louisa

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
my friends dragon was freaking beacuse they changed the light in teh rrom around and then the dragon could see its reflection. Then again my male has been running back and forth in his cage rubbing his face on the sreen to where he bled -__- they are in out door cages pretty much everyday unless the weathers horible so it must be the weather changes driving them nuts they are going to brumate soon

our weather is always changing in the united kingdom, his settled down alot more now though finally, thanks again for your help x

Latest posts