• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Geico and his cage!

Which mix breed is Geico?

• German Giant & Sandfire

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • German Giant & Red

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jerin Zorb

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Geico My Bearded Dragon!

Closer view of his body. (He's 17" long) I love his little black feet!
425226_369564436408292_100000642162807_1144423_1746220060_n.jpg

His meal of carrot shavings and his tree that reaches toward the UVB
430015_369564366408299_100000642162807_1144421_291115422_n.jpg

Look at his water bowl (back in the corner) and his basking spot
419541_369564323074970_100000642162807_1144420_177662936_n.jpg

Close up on the orange in his eyes.
420028_369564233074979_100000642162807_1144418_591070532_n.jpg

Geico in his hammock from the side of the tank (I put the paper background over there cause he kept seeing himself and scratching there.)
429934_369564269741642_100000642162807_1144419_258912373_n.jpg

Geico Sleepily wakes up for the camera.
430637_369564399741629_100000642162807_1144422_1059310736_n.jpg

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Those little black feet & tail are stained from the dies of your coloured sand. It also fills the pores, not allowing them to 'Breath', so to speak, can & has led to the extremities to becoming necrotic. Please get it off that substrate ASAP. He looks like an everyday 'Normal' to me, no particular breed, with much staining from the substrate.

A good Nutrition list for alternatives to a staple diet of Carrots, which is not the best or recommended. Nutrition List

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Those little black feet & tail are stained from the dies of your coloured sand. It also fills the pores, not allowing them to 'Breath', so to speak, can & has led to the extremities to becoming necrotic. Please get it off that substrate ASAP. He looks like an everyday 'Normal' to me, no particular breed, with much staining from the substrate.

A good Nutrition list for alternatives to a staple diet of Carrots, which is not the best or recommended. Nutrition List
It takes many of sheds and baths to get the dye out :( mine had purple feet for a while.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Wait can my green flooring from the pet store turn my dragons feet green?

Cute dragon by the way, if it was natural I would love a dragon with socks

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Wait can my green flooring from the pet store turn my dragons feet green?

Cute dragon by the way, if it was natural I would love a dragon with socks
Haha! Not the fake grass stuff... oh, I forget what it's called, but I remember you mentioning it in one of your posts somewhere, and I remember it being one of those acceptable substrates. It's the died calci sand that he probably has in there. It is cute with the black. Not so cute when it's a pinkish/purple, it makes them look sick. Doesn't mean he doesn't need to change out his substrate for his dragon's general health and well-being though.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I haven't heard of repti-carpet posing such a problem, but should be fine after a washing to remove dye bleed from the fabric.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Aha ok good, I read this and I'm thinking "lord now I'm going to have a dragon who thinks he's a gecio(sp?)"

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I haven't heard of repti-carpet posing such a problem, but should be fine after a washing to remove dye bleed from the fabric.
He said what I was trying but failed miserably to say. Thank you Germ. I always appreciate your input, even when it's setting me straight. :D I have heard it's a pain to take care of though.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
He said what I was trying but failed miserably to say. Thank you Germ. I always appreciate your input, even when it's setting me straight. :D I have heard it's a pain to take care of though.
Yes, it is a little. Poo seems to sink in and stick to it, I believe your support to hand wash it in hot water if the box it came in is right.

I have cardboard box cut into sections to cover the gaps where the greens not.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, it is a little. Poo seems to sink in and stick to it, I believe your support to hand wash it in hot water if the box it came in is right.

I have cardboard box cut into sections to cover the gaps where the greens not.
Yucky. Thanks, I'll stick with newspaper I can throw away. Spot cleaning it is bad enough, I can't imagine hand washing repti carpet every day!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Really looks like a Dye job to me. Particular when it's on black dyed sand.
I know what dye does :( took forever to get Gabe's hands and tail to look normal again after I found out calci sand was a bad move. If he has baby pictures from a new born it would prove otherwise, that's why I asked for them. Also, a pet store could say he was born with feet and tail that looked like that to explain it all and he wouldn't know the difference. Did you raise this guy from a newborn, Jerin? Did you hatch it out? I'm not trying to be aggressive, I'm just curious how you know he was born like that. I don't think I've ever seen those black socks happen naturally and it would be awesome if you had one that did.

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
awwww oh my goodness i looooove ur beardie's black feet! that is 2 freakin cute! :) thdude, reptile carpet is perfectly fine. that is wut i started my beardie out on when he wuz a baby. i have always used baby whipes 4 spot cleaning & washed the reptile carpet once a week w/hot water & dish soap!

Jerin Zorb

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I got him as a Christmas present present about 3 years ago and he was a juvenile. Sadly we got a new camera and my parents sold the old camera before I could upload the pics sorry

Jerin Zorb

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Also I'm gonna try to be making my own BD cage over the summer. With this cage i'm gonna have tiles. I have to hold out with the black sand until then.:(

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Also I'm gonna try to be making my own BD cage over the summer. With this cage i'm gonna have tiles. I have to hold out with the black sand until then.:(
Tiles work great, or so I've heard :D. You can try newspaper or paper towels as a temporary substitute if you want to be safe. If that's calci sand, the sooner you get him off of it the better, it causes more problems then mentioned above. It may say it's safe for beardies but it's really one of the worst things you can do for them other than putting bite sized pieces of inedible things like bark down as substrate. It interferes with proper digestion and can cause your dragon issues even as an adult. Much worse for a youngster though. Wish I had the ambition to make my own cage! I paid a fortune for the one I finally settled on when my last one broke. I wanted one with the slide open doors in the front.

Jerin Zorb

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The sand that I am using isn't Calcisand. It's a special sand that dissolves automatically when wet. So if I were to pour a bucket of water into the tank, half the sand would dissolve. The sand dissolves when it is in his mouth and not after he swallows it.

Jerin Zorb

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Geico just shed the today and now he has orange that wraps up around his ears and down to his mouth. Also Geico has an underbite, :p

Latest posts