• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

*FURNACE OUT* Keeping Pascal warm

BeardieMama40

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi All -

Our furnace went out and we can’t get it repaired until end of the weekend. Thankfully it hasn’t gotten too cold, but I’m concerned Pascal’s nighttime temp may drop below 65 at some point. I checked last night and it was 66.
I set up the CHE tonight with a thermostat - but I’m wondering if it turns on, it will get to hit to be sitting on top of the cage? It’s a metal screen but the UVB bulb is attached on the inside. It’s a 100w CHE in a hood, and sits about 2-3 inches above the mesh.
Photos attached.
All advice welcome!
A313BDE0-4EBC-48ED-AE8C-0F84833E3BAB.jpeg
FCE02658-DE8B-4B27-909E-BA9F5D431F36.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi All -

Our furnace went out and we can’t get it repaired until end of the weekend. Thankfully it hasn’t gotten too cold, but I’m concerned Pascal’s nighttime temp may drop below 65 at some point. I checked last night and it was 66.
I set up the CHE tonight with a thermostat - but I’m wondering if it turns on, it will get to hit to be sitting on top of the cage? It’s a metal screen but the UVB bulb is attached on the inside. It’s a 100w CHE in a hood, and sits about 2-3 inches above the mesh.
Photos attached.
All advice welcome! View attachment 30266View attachment 30267
Take the CHE leave on top of the screen place in the middle of the tank -- it will warm the whole tank up- get a temp in the morning -- 65-75 -- you can use your stick ons for that temp as it reads ambient temps