• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Frozen bearded dragon?

Walker Stedman

Bearded Dragon Egg
i was just wondering if bearded dragons are in a frozen-like state when sleeping, as i turned on my room lights at night when the terrarium lights were off and my bearded dragon opened his eyes yet didnt move. My sister believed that somehing was wrong with him so i decided to drag him backwards to see if he would react. He had absolutley no reaction and even kept the exact position of his head lifted up from being rested upon the tank, he later moved around again and closed his eyes. I was just wondering if bearded dragons are almost frozen while sleeping, thanks

Jack Reeman

Hatchling Dragon
Sorry but why would you drag him backwards?

But no they don't freeze... they just try to conserve energy at night because its cold.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Draeju's_world

Juvenile Dragon
I guess it would depend on the ambient temperature around them. Being cold-blooded, the lower their temperature is, the more their metabolism slows down.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
mine go pretty much comatose. my boy MAY open his eyes if I pick him up. my girl has a bit more response, but not much. just gooood sleepers!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yea they sleep on the cool side as they need the temp change. Both of mine are out for the count when the lights are out.

Latest posts