• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Frequency of supplementation

lauruven

Hatchling Dragon
I don't know why but im a little confused about dusting feeders for my baby/juvenile beardie. I got a schedule of dusting w/calcium only on m,w,f and calcium w/d3 on Tues & Thurs and multivitamin sat & sun. But my question is do I dust every single feeding since right now I'm feeding 2-3 times a day or is just 1 dusting for the day enough?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't know why but im a little confused about dusting feeders for my baby/juvenile beardie. I got a schedule of dusting w/calcium only on m,w,f and calcium w/d3 on Tues & Thurs and multivitamin sat & sun. But my question is do I dust every single feeding since right now I'm feeding 2-3 times a day or is just 1 dusting for the day enough?
Dragons under a year old need D3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated on the insects-- vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated on the insects -- when they turn a year old it will change depending on the UVB your using -- T 5's less frequent on the D3 and will need to go to calcium w/ out D3 - vitamins depending on how good your dragon is eating his salads --

lauruven

Hatchling Dragon
To add to my thread I also gut load my feeders and give variety as often as possible which include banded crickets, Dubai, bsfl & hornworms. With crickets & Dubai being my staple and am searching for supplier of bsfl to include in my staples. In addition he/she gets collard greens, dandelion greens, variety of squashes occasional fruit would include apple, banana, or strawberry but fruits are given occasionally to rarely. In veg mix I also sprinkle bee pollen & a sprinkle of acardia's dragon fuel which says it has prebiotic in it, whole leaf plants & bee pollen. Attached is the Acadia food ingredients & nutritional info

Attachments

• 16955733185085136532119621718773.jpg
    16955733185085136532119621718773.jpg
    978.5 KB · Views: 6

lauruven

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so just use calcium with d3 5x/wk & vits with beta carotene 2x/wk. I'm using zoo meds calcium currently & rep cal herptivite w/beta carotene multivits

lauruven

Hatchling Dragon
So I should just drop the plain calcium til year old. To date my beard is eating salads pretty good. I put it them in night b4 after lights go out cuz I'm busy with my daughter in Am's so I can't feed within 1st hour lights come on so that way he/she will eat its salad when hungry and waiting for insects

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
To add to my thread I also gut load my feeders and give variety as often as possible which include banded crickets, Dubai, bsfl & hornworms. With crickets & Dubai being my staple and am searching for supplier of bsfl to include in my staples. In addition he/she gets collard greens, dandelion greens, variety of squashes occasional fruit would include apple, banana, or strawberry but fruits are given occasionally to rarely. In veg mix I also sprinkle bee pollen & a sprinkle of acardia's dragon fuel which says it has prebiotic in it, whole leaf plants & bee pollen. Attached is the Acadia food ingredients & nutritional info
you have a great diet BSFL www.symtonbsf.com
the Arcadia needs to be 17-18 inched directly over the basking decor in the tank -- they are a strong bulb -

lauruven

Hatchling Dragon
Ok I'll measure distance but is over basking area. I'd say it's closer then shud be in his big tank im working on but havent moved him into quite yet and but is on top of screen. Is that bad to put it over screen? I know it's best inside tank with no obstruction. In his small grow out tank light is inside attached to wall pointing toward his basking

lauruven

Hatchling Dragon
Ok I'll measure distance but is over basking area. I'd say it's closer then shud be in his big tank im working on but havent moved him into quite yet and but is on top of screen. Is that bad to put it over screen? I know it's best inside tank with no obstruction. In his small grow out tank light is inside attached to wall pointing toward his basking
Thanks Sadie for all your advice so far. I'm a vet tech of 15 yrs but have little teaching experience with reptiles and I constantly am second guessing if this is right or am I doing this wrong or can this b better. I just want to give Nibbles the best life I can with the most enrichment as possible. I've owned amphibians for years but they are a whole different kinda creature with completely different care, handling &
feeding then a reptile

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks Sadie for all your advice so far. I'm a vet tech of 15 yrs but have little teaching experience with reptiles and I constantly am second guessing if this is right or am I doing this wrong or can this b better. I just want to give Nibbles the best life I can with the most enrichment as possible. I've owned amphibians for years but they are a whole different kinda creature with completely different care, handling &
feeding then a reptile
You dont want the basking light shining in his eyes -- best position directly over him -- for a 14% bulb it can be on the screen since they are so strong but I would get the distance to around 12 inches then - watch his behavior- if hes not basking long under it or if hes sitting off to the side of it or even hiding its too strong -- then you would need to readjust his decor piece w/ a lower distance

Latest posts