• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

freeze dried

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nope, not enough proteins and certainly too much on the preservatives..
Hope this helps.

grimm

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i was just curious if i could find them cheaper or anything

JustaV

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Not trying to steal thread but can you freeze your own crickets and feed them after you gut load them?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Freeze dried crickets are about the same as canned bugs. They are like feeding your beardie a box full of jelly donuts.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
JustaV said:
Not trying to steal thread but can you freeze your own crickets and feed them after you gut load them?
i could be wrong but freezing them will make them lose nutrition...i have put them in the fridge/freezer to slow them down but not actually freeze them

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No, I think you are right, Candice. I've heard that too. Freezing live crickets reduces their nutritional value.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The reason I partially question that/not sure about it is because I would think the same would hold true for frozen mice, rats, pigs etc etc. If that's the case wouldn't animals feeding on those kinds of feeders be deprived of the nutrition when the feeders are frozen?

I honestly don't know. I try to feed live since I never offer anything larger than a fuzzy or hopper mouse just in case the nutrition does go down when they get frozen.

grimm

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hmm, well maybe it has something to do with gut loading, such as freezing the digested food in the crickets makes it loose its value, not the actual cricket, therefore it would not apply to frozen feeders such as mice.

Latest posts