• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Free 2 year old beardie and all equipment!!

rachelfrieson

Bearded Dragon Egg
My 13 year old doesn’t take proper care of his bearded dragon and we need it to go to a loving home. He is sweet and docile and comes with all equipment including lamps, terrarium and cricket carrier. Please message me if interested. I’m in Cobb County

Attachments

• BBD6B97E-0186-4B39-AB72-51FD2360A247.jpeg
    BBD6B97E-0186-4B39-AB72-51FD2360A247.jpeg
    441.3 KB · Views: 31

Beardomania

Juvenile Dragon
This looks like some immediate medical attention and UVB lighting are needed. Right front claw is clearly malformed; left one looks somewhat swollen and lower jaw exhibits uneven underbite. Looks like metabolic bone disease at a stage where it is still quite salvageable. I recommend getting him out into the sunlight ASAP if you don't have the proper lighting equipment and dosing him with oral calcium either directly or heavily dusted on his food.

rachelfrieson

Bearded Dragon Egg
This looks like some immediate medical attention and UVB lighting are needed. Right front claw is clearly malformed; left one looks somewhat swollen and lower jaw exhibits uneven underbite. Looks like metabolic bone disease at a stage where it is still quite salvageable. I recommend getting him out into the sunlight ASAP if you don't have the proper lighting equipment and dosing him with oral calcium either directly or heavily dusted on his food.
Is there a place to take it as I’m not equipped to properly take care of it

rachelfrieson

Bearded Dragon Egg

Beardomania

Juvenile Dragon
He has proper lighting
Sometimes, people are misinformed by the pet store as to what proper lighting is and other times, they have used a UVB bulb past its useful lifespan, which cannot be visibly discerned by the light emitted. @Sadie has a paragraph she likes to use to inform people on basic lighting requirments.

If, in the end, it is actually determined that he does have proper lighting, then either his food lacks calcium or those physical aberrations I noted represent injuries that the dragon has sustained, perhaps getting his claw stuck while climbing or being briefly attacked by a cat/dog or rough handling by a small child.

rachelfrieson

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes I understand. I buy UV bulbs every 6 months, but I’m not a pet person. My son begged me for it, but I know he isn’t doing right by it. I knew you all would tell me this
It makes me sad, but I found a home for him/her. The new owner rehabs lizards, so hopefully she can help.
Thank you!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
A rescue place can be contacted like your Humane Soc or a rescue center -- proper lighting would be a long tube fixture 24" Zoo Med w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb or a Arcadia Pro T 5 12 % bulb or a Sunblaster Nano Tech 6400 all these fixtures for a 40+ gallon tank --- you want a CLEAR bright white basking bulb that keeps tank 95-100 taken w / a digital probe thermometer NO stickon please -- they are inaccurate -- No colored bulbs No infrared bulbs and No daytime bulbs they have a coating on them that are not good for the eyes its called a Neodymium coating -- if you need more help please ask I can help w/ the UVB fixtures etc --- if you need to get one or have one now they have certain distance and placement

rachelfrieson

Bearded Dragon Egg
A rescue place can be contacted like your Humane Soc or a rescue center -- proper lighting would be a long tube fixture 24" Zoo Med w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb or a Arcadia Pro T 5 12 % bulb or a Sunblaster Nano Tech 6400 all these fixtures for a 40+ gallon tank --- you want a CLEAR bright white basking bulb that keeps tank 95-100 taken w / a digital probe thermometer NO stickon please -- they are inaccurate -- No colored bulbs No infrared bulbs and No daytime bulbs they have a coating on them that are not good for the eyes its called a Neodymium coating -- if you need more help please ask I can help w/ the UVB fixtures etc --- if you need to get one or have one now they have certain distance and placement
Thank you so much

Earls MUM

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes I understand. I buy UV bulbs every 6 months, but I’m not a pet person. My son begged me for it, but I know he isn’t doing right by it. I knew you all would tell me this
It makes me sad, but I found a home for him/her. The new owner rehabs lizards, so hopefully she can help.
Thank you!
Pleased you have rehomed him. I have a dragon too and all because my grandson didn't realise they are exotic and not a first pet to have. I'm sure he is getting the care. Yx

Latest posts