• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

forgot to return mealworms and now...

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I picked up a container of mealworms by mistake and forgot to take them back to the store. My hubby saw them and not knowing anything about my beardies just put them in the cabinet with all my other beardie stuff and they got pushed to the back and forgotten about. Until now. I just opened the container and I now have beetles. Looks like tomorrow when I get up I am going to have to exterminate some beetles.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL...I think I will pass on the eat em but thanks for the laugh!!!

Can I just put them outside? I did not want to do that but if it will not hurt to let them go outside I would like that much better.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I just don't like letting things go outside if they are not native to the area but I will trust Gina on it and feed the birds in my back yard some yummy beetles and larva and I will keep the couple of worms left. A couple will not hurt Oscar and he will enjoy his junk food.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
correction...dropping the pupa in the back yard not the larva

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can't flush them, they lived as long as they did b/c I was trying to get myself to kill them with easy off, that stuff will kill everything and fast. I hate killing anything even bugs. I only kill roaches and some spiders, most get spiders get to live except for the bad ones. I am ok with feeding bugs because I am not killing them the lizards are. That is shy I will only have lizards that don't need furry feeders.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol...this is true. I put them in the back yard for the birds and wild lizards to find.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
northface75 said:
but you won't be killing them! the toilet will :D

LOL! Actually, wouldn't it be the water? Or lack of air?

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
staylor said:
I hate killing anything even bugs.

I know what you mean! With my cricket escapees, I eventually find them. I'd rather not feed them to my babies, just in case they roamed around the apartment and got in something gross. Anyway, either my mom has to kill them WITHOUT ME LOOKING, or I can flush them, but I have to run away because I don't want to see them suffer!

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
beardie_love said:
....but I have to run away because I don't want to see them suffer!

You know, those things do have lids. ;D

Latest posts