• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Foot bends and curls back

Mario

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have recently inherited an 8 month old Beardie. When he walks his front feet bend and curl underneath him. His previous enclosure did not have any UVB light. The enclosure he is in now has a mercury bulb and I have been giving him Calcium dusted crickets 3 times week. This is my first bearded dragon. Is there anything I can do to help with his feet?

Mario

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here is a picture of it. It doesn't always happen there are days when they don't curl at all.

Attachments

• ZZFoot.jpg
    ZZFoot.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 167

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would have gotten a UVB tube bulb that covers more of the tank with UVB. Keep dusting his crickets with calcium. I would use calcium with D3 for a few months. Also make sure you are using a multivitamin. A vet visit would be good too to have his calcium levels checked. The vet may even give a shot of calcium just to jump start his healing. These steps won't repair the damage already done but it will prevent further damage from happening.

Latest posts