• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First vet visit

Lotty

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I am taking Freda to the vets at 9:00 tomorrow and I am a little nervous about transporting her there. i.e. keeping her warm, will it be ok to put a hot water bottle at the bottom of the container and cover with a blanket.
I'm not sure what's up with her. She is hiding and sleeping all day. She's eating her veg and a couple of cricks but dosn't seem interested at all. She's pooping in her bath as normal but not in her viv.
Wish me luck and if anyone can reply soon regarding the transportation I would be really grateful.
Thanks. Lotty

Lotty

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanx. I'm nervous. The vets is a 20 min drive away, will she be alright for about an hour or a little more? :-\

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You will be fine. 20 minutes is not long. I transported Bernie to the vet's in a screen cage with a piece of wood in it. Our vet was impressed with our transportation means.

A box will work fine.

Good luck and let us know what the vet says. Are you taking a fecal sample? They can do a lot of tests with it.

Lotty

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
First visit over. I am calming down and Freda is still miffed at being disturbed. The vet said she is 33.1 in weight which I believe is good. She cld feel what she thought were a couple of eggs. Left fecal for testing, waiting for phone call with results soon. I was given some Blaptica Dubi - she likes them, had 3 large ones up to now. Also given sheets on breeding them and crickets. Also learnt that the crickets I have been feeding her - I should of been feeding them. Going to get some cricket food and make a up a container for breeding both. Must say I am a little (lot) scard of the Dupi, make me feel uneasy. Will let you know fecal results. fingers crossed all is well. Lx

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Dubias are the answer to crix in my humble opinion. No stink, No noise, better protein... and they are cute ! ( okay so maybe that's taking it a bit far.... but they are ;)).
I haven't ever fed crix to any of my dragons. Only roaches and now supers for treats.
Janie.
Oh, and I got some healthy weighted dragons ;)
:D

Lotty

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Freda got the all clear. Got my containers for breeding roaches and cricks and see how it goes. Putting tiles and lighting in this weekend so I expect some tamtrums. hey ho it's all in the name of love. Thanks for the support :)

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad to hear the tests were negative. If I'm reading between the lines, it sounds like you may have some things that are off with your setup.

Can you give us some info:

1. What UVB make and brand are you using?
2. What is the temp on your hot side?
3. What is the temp on your cool side?
4. What are you using to measure your temps?
5. What substrate (flooring) are you using?
6. What salad mix are you feeding?
7. How often do you bathe your beardie?

Lotty

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
UVB is a 10.0 is a Reptile One.
Basking lights is Sun Glo 75w
Temp in basking 37.5
Not sure about cooler side
Subtrate - 3 quarter slate tiles other quarter dessert sand as she likes to dig in for night
I am using a digital probe
I feed crickets and spring veg (collard), curly parsley, choi (all) does not like fruit no matter what I try.
I bathe her every other night(she now getting used to this) Poops ever time but not any other time.
I also feed her Morio as a treat once a week - I put her calcium powder on.
The vet did say she thought she felt a couple of eggs
Freda has livened up the last couple of days. Still thinks her crickets are for her entertainment. Had to get rid of the roaches as my partner will not allow them in the house in case any escape.
Is there not a safe way of feeding them that the could not escape but Freda can get at them?

Sorry it's long but if anything else I can do, plse let me know.
Cheers and thanks. Lx

Latest posts