• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First time she did this

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi all,

Just a quick question.

This morning I tried to pick Pogie up and she kicked me with her back leg, lots of times... basically each time i tried to pick her up, so i gave up after about 4-5 attempts. Is this normal for BD's to kick instead of flare their beards, blackbeard or hiss when they are upset or dont want to do something????

This is a first for me and cant find anything on the web about it.

PS: Feel free to move the post if it needs to be under another topic, but there isnt a Behavior section

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah.. it's called attitude ! Annebelle went from oh yes, pick me up pick me up to maaaaan don't bother me ! in like a week flat.. I just figured it was dragon attitude, and left it alone.. Lil minx even hisses now.. go figure.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sam does that alot. And, yeah, she's got attitude! LOL!

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Gee thanx. Here i thought it was something unusual for BD's LOL

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nope, they can be as stubborn as a mule if they so choose. :D

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nope, they can be as stubborn as a mule if they so choose. Cheesy

I think more stubborn. Mules can be tricked by holding a treat like a carrot and they will do what you want to, but BD's... no ways, if they dont wanna do something, they WONT. He he ;D

Latest posts