• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First time owner

Steph90

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone my boyfriend and I have got our daughter her first baby and we are concerned with the fact she only eats about 10 crickets a day before she will swat them away. Is this normal or shod she be eating more.

Attachments

• 16006596880446145186519987396384.jpg
    16006596880446145186519987396384.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello everyone my boyfriend and I have got our daughter her first baby and we are concerned with the fact she only eats about 10 crickets a day before she will swat them away. Is this normal or shod she be eating more.
Yes should be feeding proteins 4-5 times a day till they are 5mnths or so; then u got to 3times a day. What size crickets are u feeding? The size of the feeders should Never be bigger than the space between their eyes. Dust the crickets or sprinkle the veggies/greesns once per day with REpCAl calcium powder 5times per week when he’s an adult go to 3-4?times a week. As a baby they do small crickets only & Dubia roaches small. Place the roaches in a small slippery dish u buy at the pet store. As they get older u feed mediums and then larges at Like 7mnths of age. Also temps need to be correct; they won’t eat if temps or humidity is off & only feed after one hour or more of basking/waking up. But digital thermometers & Hygometer they arecthe only accurate ones. Temp for a baby 100-105, and as he gets 5mnths or so they like 95-100; preferably 100. U need to raise or lower the light or platform to get it right. Humidity 30-40 never ever higher. They need to be warm to eat & last feeding lights out 2hoirs after so they digest their food. Always a plate of greens/veggies also is a must place it in th cold side to munch on all day then change it to a fresh one mid afternoon. Never ever leave food in their over nite remove all after the last feeding so they digest for 2 hours then lights off. U need heat & UVb only. ZooMed basking clear bulb for heat & the Reptisun 10.0 T5 for UVB the length U order should cover 70 prcnt of the tank starting at the hot side and heat bulb more to the front as the basking spot so he gets both. When he wants away he goes to the cold side or under his hide; buy a basking platform with a hideaway and a log to place in the back center of tank as the cold side to hang out in. At nite pure dark never ever use colored bulbs it burns their eyes. Use a ceramic heat emitter which emits heat but no light, for him as a baby at nite when he sleeps the temp should be 80 or 82. Place it on the side of the tank that he sleeps on. If things don’t improve test a fecal sample for parasites. Coccidia is very common and needs to be treated ASAP or an upper respiratory infection due to temps/humidity off or dirty tanks or accidentally getting water in his ears. And without proper UVB a dragon will eventually die; brittle bones, unable to eat or walk, tremors, quivers and shivers. So please make sure he has the UvB. Also baths 2-3 times per week in lukewarm water dechlorinated with reptisafe unless u have a water system at home. B careful not to get water in the ears. But more than likely the temps are off, he has a parasite/Coccidia or he has no proper heat/uVb. Good luck and keep me posted and search for a goods reptile vet it’s hard but u gotta Work on it.

Latest posts