• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First time owner, help please

Nick62

Bearded Dragon Egg
First time beardie owner, I need some advice. Scab on nose for awhile and can’t get it to go away with regular bathes. Right eye is looking swollen and his under side around his finds are yellow. Half of his head is dull in color. Any ideas of what going on, does he have a fungus or something else?
7434C779-AD3B-4881-88EF-5A7F8D0E9923.jpeg
3372FB26-798F-41B2-A0C0-8B2C5C410E36.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
First time beardie owner, I need some advice. Scab on nose for awhile and can’t get it to go away with regular bathes. Right eye is looking swollen and his under side around his finds are yellow. Half of his head is dull in color. Any ideas of what going on, does he have a fungus or something else?View attachment 24390View attachment 24391
Lets go over the lighting in the tank first what are you using for a UVB coil or tube and where in the tank is it ? Next what are your basking temps and how are you taking them? NO stick ons they are in accurate -- how close is the basking bulb -- the nose I am not sure if that is fungal or what-- try some raw unpasteurized honey on the nose and see if that starts to clear it up if not you may haft to take him into the vet but I am going to get some more help on this first and see what they recommend --- the under side I need you to take pics and post please -- the eye looks like shed --- you can rinse his eye w/ some regular saline solution to soften the skin and then gently take a baby soft tooth brush and see if that helps get it off -- I will get back w/ you on the nose issue in the mean time post pics of the underside and tell me what your using for lighting please

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Where did you get the beardie from? It looks like it could be an infection or something from a bite wound? Do answer sadie’s questions and maybe send a picture of his whole set up too and the underside of his belly. Also how are his eating and basking habits? Do they seem normal?

Nick62

Bearded Dragon Egg
He came from a trust worthy pet and Sadie did contact me, the yellowing is going away. I believe a big issue was my light on and off cycle and I’ve been spot cleaning his cage multiple times daily. Other than his appearance everything else is normal, he eats good and has plenty of energy.

Latest posts