• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First Shed

Jereka

Bearded Dragon Egg
Good Morning, My little Fred is going through his first shed since we got him 10 days ago. I think he is doing well so far, his head is done, and his back legs have started. I am going to get a soft baby tooth brush today to help him if he needs it. I bathed him this morning and will mist him later.

I have a couple of quick questions;

I read that their appetite was smaller when shedding. He even ate all his greens this morning, along with 10 crickets (which is his normal morning feeding amount). This is probably a depends on the dragon answer?

Another thing is that he wants out of his cage so bad, he is jumping and clawing at the glass. We take him out several times a day and are very hands on with him but he almost seems like he is going stir crazy. Could that be caused by the itching and just not knowing what to do with himself? He has been rubbing against his vine and rock a lot to get the skin off. Is there anything I should be doing for him?

Thanks as always for any responses.
Cyndi

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Bathing and misting is what u should and are doing and aid with the soft brush if trouble spots occur..

Rubbing on things is normal when they r shedding.

Mine run up and down the glass all the time when they see something they want or catches there eye.

You just have your self an active beardie.

Each beardie is different when shedding some eat some won't etc. Each shed also may differ for appetite.

But u seem to have it handled

Jereka

Bearded Dragon Egg
He settled down yesterday afternoon after he got the dead skin off of his head. Poor little guy. Truly amazing animals, thanks you for the reply.

Latest posts