• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First Gecko of the Season on Easter!

Zen ReptileZ

Juvenile Dragon
Just wanted to post that this morning was absolutely exciting! Our first 2012 egg hatched! Then her mom laid another clutch, providing me with my favorite type of egg hunt!
I'll get a pic up soon... :)
Easterbon1-2.jpg

Easterbon2-1.jpg

Zen ReptileZ

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you both! The 2nd one hatched yesterday. I will have about 16 total for the '12 season. I am not sure that I will be selling any this year. I like to raise them up to a healthy weight, then decide if I will sell them. :) I feel its only proper to give the animal the best start possible. In my opinion, some people sell reptiles too quickly. Most reptiles are sold to "beginners" and if they have a little hatchling... there is not a lot of room for error. I think it is too easy to look upon reptiles that are not relying on a mother as a "mature animal." I take on the responsibility of that missing mother and prepare them with an extremely healthy environment until they are ready to be loved by someone else. Then I educate the new parent with all that I know and provide them with appropriate resources for questions they may have along their journey.

Not quite sure why I rambled on there, but thanks for reading it! :)

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
i think that is absolutely wonderful that u are doing that!!!!! i love it!!! :) because unfortunately, 2 many poor baby reptiles die because their owners just aren't experienced enough!!!! if u do decide in the future 2 sell them & wudnt mind shipping, i would certainly like a new reptile friend!!! :) i've been wanting 2 get a gecko 4 some time now!!!! oh & i'm a good listener! ;)

Wellovelizards

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you both! The 2nd one hatched yesterday. I will have about 16 total for the '12 season. I am not sure that I will be selling any this year. I like to raise them up to a healthy weight, then decide if I will sell them. :) I feel its only proper to give the animal the best start possible. In my opinion, some people sell reptiles too quickly. Most reptiles are sold to "beginners" and if they have a little hatchling... there is not a lot of room for error. I think it is too easy to look upon reptiles that are not relying on a mother as a "mature animal." I take on the responsibility of that missing mother and prepare them with an extremely healthy environment until they are ready to be loved by someone else. Then I educate the new parent with all that I know and provide them with appropriate resources for questions they may have along their journey.

Not quite sure why I rambled on there, but thanks for reading it! :)

I think everyone that passes on a critter of any kind should be that thoughtful to both citter and new family. Good for you

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Fantastic colorations! Congrats on the hatchlings! And great photos too. Thank you for sharing!