• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Finally getting Dubai’s! Advice for heating pad.

bluedragonark

Hatchling Dragon
I’m finally starting an actual colony. I’m done with crickets. They die fast and stink! So, what’s the best/cost efficient heat pad that won’t burn my house down when I’m away. That’s always been a fear of mine. Other than that, I have everything else in order, food, location, tote, water...just need the heating pad. While it’s warm and humid here in Texas, we like to keep our house around 68 at night and who knows what kind of winter we will get this year. It’s anyone’s guess [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't have a heat pad on mine I have mine covered in construction paper and so I have red heat lamps on mine..

bluedragonark

Hatchling Dragon
I don't have a heat pad on mine I have mine covered in construction paper and so I have red heat lamps on mine..
So the red is because they like to hide from bright lights. I’m just so nervous about having a heat lamp in my closet. I’m sure they come in all sizes and watts. I’ll have to check a few out. Thanks :)

bluedragonark

Hatchling Dragon
a heat mat works fine. i have i on all 3 tubs..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Is there a specific brand of heat pad that you use? I’m not sure if I just need to order something of amazon or if I could get it at Walmart, cvs etc.

andrewed1

Bearded Dragon Egg
im sure mine are generic just from a pet shop..
7171d06a9b3c26585a25ebd57c17334b.jpg

bluedragonark

Hatchling Dragon
the tub sits on top and temp is set to 1/2

Ohh ok, I like how it has temp control. I wonder if I need to get something solid for the tubs to sit on because I have carpet in my closet. I figured the closet would be the best, it’s dark and no one really uses it.

andrewed1

Bearded Dragon Egg
with carpet just use a bit of thick cardboard, plywood or similar. it only heats 1 side. Mine are on a shelf in the garage.

Wardrobe will be perfect.

bluedragonark

Hatchling Dragon
Looks like a whoopie cushion! seems fit for purpose though
Omg it really dose [emoji23] I ordered it and will test it out and see how good it is. Just need something that’s not going to catch my house on fire [emoji51]

Latest posts