• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

few pics, let me know what you think

jamie-uk

Bearded Dragon Egg
IMG_1671.png
IMG_3519.jpg
IMG_8770.png
IMG_5811.png
IMG_5973.png
IMG_7729.jpg
IMG_9530.jpg
IMG_9554.png

jamie-uk

Bearded Dragon Egg
A little update i went plant shopping and went a little mad let me know what you think?
I think i need to still play around with it and loose some of the bulk of it but it will get there :)

IMG_9760.jpg
IMG_6871.jpg
IMG_1931.jpg
IMG_0533.jpg
IMG_3887.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I LOVE it! I think it looks good the way it is. Just be careful he doesn't try to eat the "leafy greens".

jamie-uk

Bearded Dragon Egg
its all artifical and pretty well made too, ill keep my eye on him just to see if he get on with it all but iv got a feeling he's loving it :)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I had a fake plant bridge In Luci's tank and found he nibbled just one leaf. He must not have liked it because he didn't do it again! I have no idea when he did It either because he didn't have any poop issues.

jamie-uk

Bearded Dragon Egg
the very first plant i put in ( in the first pic at the top of the page) he nibbled on a while ago but never actually bitten through it to to swallow but will keep an eye on him anyway

jamie-uk

Bearded Dragon Egg
i never feed him in the viv i can't be doing with hunting them down, thats beardies job but he's not very good at it most of the time lol

julescoffman

Juvenile Dragon
Haha,yea I had to feed Si in separate place,but he got sick,or stubborn,not sure! Months back,so vet said to tear the legs off the crickets (gross) but I did! And now that's the only way he will eat them! Spoiled:)

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is a great looking enclosure! Nice work!
Can you tell us a bit more about the digital thermometer and other readouts I see in a couple of the photos? How is all that connected? Was it built into the tank or did you add it?

jamie-uk

Bearded Dragon Egg
iv think thats a great idea and iv done just that for you. :)
somethings are hard to see because iv tried to hide everything no one likes wires!

viv.jpg

1# Blue humidity sensor red temp sensor/probe.
The wires go across the top (inside the viv) and go be hided the background the temp probe reads my cool end floor temps. (bottom left corner)
the humidity sensor again goes across the top but goes to the middle top of the viv the reason is that humidity is less dense and rises but because the viv is relitively small and enclosed there will only be around 2-3% difference at the top or bottom of the viv.
This also tells me highest and lowest temps by pressing a button this helps keeping everything in check and making sure night temp are ok.

2# Orange habistat digital dimming thermostat
The probe is placed at the top right corner now this need time to get right.
My thermostat is set at 38.5C this might not be the same with you but finding the balance is key with much playing around with temps and checking basking temps with a infra thermometer.
You need to try and balance the air temp with basking temp to try and find the sweet spot mine is 38.5C air temp = 43C backing spot

One more thing plant are great for hiding thing and covering up straight edges of the background if done right.
not much more i can really say but if theres anything else your wondering let me know

IMG_9392.jpg
IMG_0570.jpg

jamie-uk

Bearded Dragon Egg
one more pic just so you can see how the wires come into the vivarium and also use a arcadia tube reflector to maximise the output from the tube.
this changes it from the standard 6inch distance from your beardie to 12-15inch.

IMG_2227.JPG

jamie-uk

Bearded Dragon Egg
Another thing that iv never posted but just something to think about and is cheap.
i made a extractor fan from a pc fan and peace of thin board that i had left over from something but fits perfect into the slots for the glass after i cut it down to the same length. the fan guard on the back of the fan is actually from a coffee machine (the thing that you rest you coffee mug on that collect water)

i only put this in when the humidity is to high (putting in his water bowl with warm water or spray his greens to stop them from drying out)
and it very affective

IMG_3106.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

Latest posts